Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motorola Droid Full Solution Updated

Honestly, you can let go of whatever kb button you're holding to go into Recovery/Diag/BL as soon as you see the "M" logo. Keeps me from holding a button for 3 hours, lol.

Seems things are going smoothly for people who are using the solution. Haven't had a plethora of questions pop up in the last couple of days. =D

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all the support. I was able to get HW Virtual Serial Port to create a connection on port 3. I was able to connect to the phone with latest cdma-workshop. But i could not get a read from the phone when I try to send spc or password. In fact; I was not able to get any type of read from the phone after cdma-workshop connected to the phone. Any suggestion? There was never been a window saying loading the motorola network drivers. Sorry for the post but i just cant seem to get this phone working. The instructions are great . Thanks again

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the post. I learned alot on this phone. When windows did not show the network device as stated earlier I assumed I could not go further with the conversion. I was wrong. WHen I got cdma-workshop to connect to the phone and couldnt get nothing else done as instructed I realized I had to place the phone in dm mode. Once that happened everything went smoothly. I dont have wifi where Im at so Im going to a hotspot and see if i can download the autostart.exe. Just wondering if it could be downloaded to the sd and installed or do i have to go to market. Thanks to this whole entire forum. The internet and Howardforums is the greatest.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seems like this post I made earlier is just for you:

1. Download CM through Rom Manager
    2. Extract zip to anywhere on your computer (CM zip should be in /sdcard/clockworkmod/downloads/koush.romraid.com/motorola/sholes
    3. Download Passion Pack
    4. Open Passion Pack with WinRAR and navigate to /system/app and extract wanted apks to the computer.
    5. Inject wanted apks into CM zip in the /system/app directory.
    6. Move modified CM zip back to the clockwork directory as stated in step 2
    7. Install
    8. ???
    9. Profit.

This also works if you want to push files from your sdcard instead of from your computer, and you're needing a file manager like Root Explorer or autostart.apk--you can just put whichever apk into /system/app in whatever ROM you're about to install, and root explorer (for example) will be installed as part of the ROM itself, so you won't need to be hooked up to your computer/need internet to push files. This method essentially gets rid of the need to use adb for the wap/mms part, as root explorer also allows you to set permissions.

@New2Game: In short, just download whatever apk you're needing to have beforehand and inject it into the ROM zip you're about to install in /system/app. The apk will install itself when you install the zip.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1st off... thanks so much for this great thread! I have text and talk working, but I am at a loss on where or how to get and/or configure autostart.sh.

I went to whiterabbit.org and created nv items and dl'd the U2nl with no issues.

Can anyone shed some light on where to download or create autostart.sh?

tia

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information