Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motorola Droid Full Solution Updated

Okay guys it seems like there is a few of you that are having issues with files and permissions. Let me see if I can help out here.

First thing is are you rooted? In the phone go to where all the apps are. Do you have the ninja icon? If not then forget it go and root the device. You can find how to do that all over the internet, google it. Next if you do have that and you have the terminal emulator icon open that. If you do not have the terminal emulator icon and can go to the market go and get it from the market. In terminal emulator type su and press the enter key. It should respond with a prompt like this # and nothing else. If you get this you should be good. If you want to double check this then after # type whoami and press enter. root is unknown uid 0. If you get something like unknown uid 10047 then you are not root. But the # prompt is root away so this step is really not needed.

Okay we got the root thing out of the way lets move to the file copying and permissions. Reboot your phone to make sure you are starting from scratch. After the phone is back on plug it in to your usb and in the notification window click on the usb connected and then click on the mount button. Close the windows autorun and open cmd.exe

cd to your android tools folder ie. cd C:\android\tools then type adb remount. Here you should see *daemon not running. starting it now* *daemon started successfully* and then type adb shell then you should see # (remember that from earlier?) now if you have done the adb push commands before then lets check on them. type cd /system/bin and press enter. It will show # again then type ls and press enter. scroll back up and look for u2nl. The process is the same for autostart.sh this time type cd /data/opt/ press enter then ls and enter again. If you don't see these then type exit and start with the adb push commands from the how to. Remeber you need to have those files in the right spot (C:\android\tools\u2nl and C:\autostart.sh if you want to type the commands word for word) Otherwise type the push commands in based on the location of those two files in your windows system.

This should also solve the permissions issues. After these files are in the right spots the chmod command should work. If you have problems with this PM me and I will get back to you. Also for the create a folder question, if you are in the terminal emulator make sure you are root or do this in adb shell. cd to the location that you want the folder ie /data/opt or whatever and type mkdir (name of folder) otherwise type the full path mkdir /data/opt/(name of folder) either way works. Remember to chmod the folder after you create it to insure that it has the right permissions.

Hope this helps, let me know if I need to be more clear.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i followed your directions and you are a laymens term miracle man lol, all things went smoothly but after reset i still cant acees net or mms, when i type google in the url it just tries to connect but doesnt stop trying, thank you so much for your time and care to help us

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

great helpp shumdez only thing for me is that u2nl is not copying ,it tells me that
    system folder is read-only and i checked on the root my droid is indeed rooted and also autostart.sh does copy
    only thing is the u2nl file what would you suggest or reccomend thanks for ur great help

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

forget my last post ITS UPP AND RUNNINGGG thank you so much for your help shumdez and all of you that make this happen ur great help and howard forumsss wooot wooot

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alright fellas I have a feeling that we are close.

inkupuncture,

Check two things, that your wifi is off when you reboot the phone. Do you have the 3g icon?
    Also check your APNs settings and they should match:

Name cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    Port 8080
    Username [email protected]
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authenication type PAP or CHAP
    APN Type not set

Let me know about these. Also you might have to call Cricket and tell them that your device is a moto V3C to get the EVDO stuff. I told them that mine was a droid, but I read that somewhere on a forum. I am not sure on this. Also in the terminal emulator type su then enter, then type top and enter. It is interactive so it will move. Do you see a bunch of u2nl?

felips.110,

go to http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/ and download the precompiled arm binary file. Unzip it and u2nl should be in the top folder. Copy that to C:\android\tools and try to adb push the file again. You are running as the admin in your windows install right? I am sure you are just checking.

Let me know and even if you have already downloaded this exact file do it again just to be sure.

Glad I can help guys let me know if you need anything else.

Also thanks again to whiterabbitorg for hosting the files!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information