Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How To: HTC Hero Flash to Cricket with Talk, Text, Wap and MMS

I did not break any forum rules, and I stand by what I said. I may have been a little ticked off by the micromanagement of the thread, but the things I have said are sentiments shared by others in the forum.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do apologize however if I hurt any feelings. I am not out to be a villain. I made this thread as a help to people, and simply thanked mikeysride9812 for helping me. I did tell people that he had fixes and that they cost money, but that was only to try to help him as he did me.

So, no ill will is harbored in these posts. I only wish that people weren't so obtuse when it comes to forum rules. I read the rules, saw nothing about saying thanks and pointing people towards a solution.

One rule is that we don't post links to wares because Piracy Is Illegal. That is why I told people where they could get a solution to their problem and that it would cost them money, rather than post a link to the software, because I agree with the forum that other people's hard work shouldn't be stolen. So as to what rule I broke, I am confused.

I followed the rule that states " When giving information from another forum (non warez), post that information here, and only give a link to give credit to the original poster." As posting a link to the fix would have constituted linking to wares, I simply gave credit to the original poster and commended him for his work. There are several other posts in this thread commending for my fix which were not deleted.

So, Whitey, again I am sorry if I hurt any feelings. I believe in fairness as much as the next guy, which is where my frustration comes from, as my intent is and has been to be fair and honest, and give credit where credit is due.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

as defined by dictionary.com

[B]ad

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what rule is against advertising?

Cricket Forum Rules
    Linking to outside forums *
    Linking to outside forums with the intention to "reel in" members is not permitted. When giving information from another forum (non warez), post that information here, and only give a link to give credit to the original poster.

Post In The Correct Subforums *
    If you are new to Howard Forums and you have a question about your Cricket phone, please post in the correct sub forums that are listed at the top of the main Cricket Forum. Any threads that are not posted in the correct sub forums will be locked and or deleted. Bans May be issued upon moderators discretion.

Searching Please search the correct subforums for your question, if you find an exisiting thread please read over it and post your question in this thread. As it will make it easier to reference previous posts to help trouble shoot your issue.

Flaming/Trolling - DO NOT flame or harass any other forum member. Doing so may result in a temporary ban from the forum. If you have any issues with a forum member please message them via the private messaging system. If you still have issues with the member please private message a moderator and we will investigate the issue further. If you see any Flaming/Trolling please use the report a post button to report to a moderator.

Privacy of members- Keep all members information private unless given permission by them or if is your self and your own information.

Software piracy - Howardforums does not support software piracy so please DO NOT post links to illegal software OR proprietary tools from manufacturers e.g. QPST/QXDM, UNIPST, MOTOROLA PST/RSD, LG DOWNLOADER etc etc. This will result in a ban and no warning will be issued.

Off topic posting - Do not post anything that is not dealing with CRICKET in any way. We do not want to know about SPRINT, VERIZON OR QWEST, post anything about that in the correct places.

Cross/Double posting - Do not Cross or Double post this will result in a warning then a ban. Do not take over someone else

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

But you play hardball insanecain, and I respect that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mister Brandon. I have web on my Htc Hero flash to metro :clapping: .Thank you!!!!!!!!! :buddies: . I will work on the mms.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in partial agreement, but I guess what I'm saying is this. This is a forum...which implies that many newcomers will visit that aren't savvy to the rules and regulations of this particular forum. Yes they should read, but as many forums as folks (myself included) visit, I may not always post in the correct area and/or the correct thread. 100% militancy in the area of where to post things gets annoying as are the constant reprimands from the mods. Be a little flexible...if something is close to being in the right area...let it slide. This ain't the marines...it's cell phone hacking for christ's sake.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

check the announcement as well as the b/s/t rules... no need for me to explain or reply anymore (just want you to be aware)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As I said, InsaneCain, You play hardball, and I respect that. I love you guys!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, back to business. I'm "almost" there...just trying to get MMS working on my Eris. I get the following error:

D:\android\tools>adb root
    adb server is out of date. killing...
    * daemon started successfully *
    error: device not found

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information