Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Explain cricket phone convo to me and also BB question

So Im in Myrtle beach SC and since cricket doesnt push PRL's Im dead in the water.. my bad for not typing *228 when I was in charlotte NC. Im on the phone with support and the guy says that the problem may be Im not signed up for their "new" network. (this was in June). HUH? WHAT NEW NETWORK? So I say "what new network".. got some BS answer about additional coverage.. so Im like.. well ok what the heck is this gonna cost me (Im on the $40 unlimited plan).. He says let me look at your account.. ok it will be $1.00 a month more.. WHAT? Are you friggen serious? Ok, add me.. ok.. you're added.. when you get back to Charlotte do a *228 and you "should" be good..

Ok did that a million times and I dont notice a difference.. I still drop out at the same places...

My question: what the heck was that all about????

Second question: My father is sending me a BB tour.. anyone have any idea how I'd get cricket to let me change to the $60 BB plan with this phone? I cant do it on the web because my "phone isnt compatible"... have to buy the curve at the same time...

thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kind of responding to my own question here but.. I just called cricket and asked if I could use my verizon Curve on their network.. the response was, yes, bring it to a store and we'll flash it. BUT she said we will not activate blackberry service. Ummmm ok....... if thats how they wanna play? Seems like they dont want the business.

The "new network" just means that you will be able to roam on Sprint outside of your home market for free. Inside Cricket markets your coverage will be 99.8% the same. Also the Blackberry plan requires you use a Cricket branded Blackberry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any idea how I can verify I received the sprint stuff? Because I just checked my bill and its still $40 + fees not $41 plus fees...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you have coverage outside of your market is the quickest way. The Sprint coverage shows up as native coverage to the phone so no Roaming indicator will show up on your phone. You can also check the PRL on the phone to see if it is the latest one. I am not sure what the latest one is though someone else will have to post that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok thanks.. I have a messenger II so if anyone knows.. also I forget how to access the menu that shows that.. Cricket told me once but I just tossed it out of my brain. I guess I could TRY and call cricket and speak to some Malaysian chick like I did 15 min ago.. the canned answers are just well.. disrespectful.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information