Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

.:: LG RUMOR By amoamare ::..

Wow THF is up with the cincy market I have had 6 of these phones in here doing the exact samething everything work except outgoing call per a phone call there is a wap outage may or may not be a direct effect I do know a couple of these was flashed by me I also know 4 of them wasnt it sucks being premier dealer in the heart of hamilton

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

First off- amoamare must be a genius.
    Second, i dont know if anyone else has had this problem with the flashed rumor, but mine kept roaming to verizon towers until i did this:
    NV Edit with LG Dload, and the same tab where it has NAM settings, look for "Negative SID Pairs" or something like that. Enter the SID # of whatever network its roaming to.
    So for instance, when I went to Settings, System, Network, serving system, i saw SID as 4174 or 30 (which are both Verizon SID's). So when I went into LG download NV Edit, there were a couple slots for SID's I could Lock Out via "Negative SID Pairs". So the first negative sid pair i entered was: 30/65535 (leave the 65535 number where it is) and then I scrolled to the right and entered the second SID pair I wanted to lock out: 4174.
    This locks out verizons towers.
    This way, the network roaming setting can stay at automatic, but the phone will not attempt to use the wrong SID's.
    I tried putting the network roaming setting on Home Only, but couldnt get service indoors. I went into service programing, network, and tried to change roaming setting to "affiliated only" but still couldnt get service.
    So I left raoming on automatic and any, but locked out the unwanted SID's and its picking up Cricket's towers now with no problems.
    Thanks AMMO

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think what I posted above may be related somehow to the above discussed issues. Not the username changing itself (ive had that happen once) but the not being able to dial out. I think it might be a roaming on wrong towers issue.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had this happen once, but just started getting into the rumors and wonder if it will happen again.
    One thing Ive noticed is that the wap username is not editable in the service programming menu for me.
    When that one time I had web username and password revert, I used lg DL to change it back. But I havent been able to make the username or password field editable. I tried the BITPIM change 3rd byte to 20 instead of 00 like one does for other LG's, but still could not make username editable.
    I ship my phones out of state, so I want to be able to have a guide for customers in case this happens to them. Is there something I am doing wrong? because my wap settings are not editable in the service menu.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i dont think it is roaming issue I really havent dug into it yet got one on the bench I will post results

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

thw web username reverting is probably not a roaming issue, but i was thinking about the outgoing call thing.
    Please someone let me know if they can make username editable.
    PS: thanks to the guy who figured out how to use the 9100 dll

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You do not need the username editable.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The reason I think having the username be editable would be necessary is because sometimes when I ship a phone to a customer, I do not have their phone number. So when they Program the phone with the service programming menu, the wap username does not automatically change to their#@mycricket.com, the username stays the same as it was. So if they were able to change the username themselves manually in the programming menu it would be helpful to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket does not authenticate the user name field for the proxy. what you are truly concerned about and don't know is the data authentication (EVDO, PPP). You can not edit that from within the phone...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I noticed that the Rumors that can't dial out do not have an ERI file listed under the software version. Is this normal or is this related to the problem? Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information