Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tmobile Unfair Upgrade Option

I agree with Pentance, but, saying that, all companies are just the same. So let's be fair to all companies, they are trying to make a buck just like us. 4 months does not qualify for an upgrade, and I'm sure you'll get a better deal the more you are into your contract. I'm a T-Mobile rep, and the best advice, is to threaten to cancel your two year contract, if you're really that concerned about it. Otherwise, there is always ebay!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 3 phones on the TMO Account, I have 1 line that qualifies for the discount the discount price is $349, my point is not that I'm trying to get something free the point is why come down $100 on a phone I don't want but only come down $50 on the phone I do want. And they're offering me the Sidekick 3 discount on the phone that is not eligible for a discount by the way. I'm sorry if some of you feel that I'm being unreasonable but I owned my own business for 4 years and this is not good customer service. I have purchased a MDA on one phone line, a nokia camera phone on another line, and have upgraded every year, pay my bills on time. I don't see where I am asking for anything but consideration and good customer service. My plan includes 1,000 minutes, 400 text messages, unlimited blackberry, insurance etc. I mean come on they don't make their money on the phones they make the real money on the service. I used to be a Sprint Rep, I know what they can do and what they can't do and they can give me that 8700g for $299. My next call will be to ask for Retention! By the way some of the reponses to my post are very harsh and becoming personally offensive and that's not the atmosphere of this forum. I will not comment any further on this matter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't feel bad sweetie....they have basically told me the same thing regarding the 8700G...

....as for the SK3, I am not the least bit interested...I have had all 3 past versions, and quite frankly it is nothing but a kiddie toy to me...that kept me in the dark in a vacant lot and no cell phone charge...which made me to switch to the BB world.....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

~via BB (wap.rabroad.com)~
    MsBrenda, I hope you weren't taking my last comments as rude. I re-read what I posted and it did found like it, I apologize. I was just trying to say, the best way to get TMO to do what you want is to threaten your cubtract, it always gets them! Or being up that their customer service is horrible! :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

msbrenda, I feel your pain. Here's another perspective that hasn't been mentioned yet. I believe handset pricing is often worked out by the marketing groups of both the carrier and the hardware manufacturer. Thus, what you are seeing is likely a promotion by Danger (the Sidekick manufacturer), not a cross-the-board $100 discount from TMo.

In other words, Tmo and Danger are trying to sell you a $50 device (the Sidekick) for $299, and trying to make it sound good by saying the original price was $399. Whereas TMo knows the 8700 is a $700 device that they have priced at $349 and have no trouble moving, so they're not increasing the discount on it.

I know this doesn't help you any, but just wanted to try to fill in more of the whole picture.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information