Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tmo Users...will You Switch For An N95?

I've been reading speculative reports about the N95 being released on TMO sometime soon to launch their 3G network which leeds me to believe that some will jump ship.

So, which one of you may or may not switch out your bb for this newly modified device?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll probably get one, but I'll always keep\go back to my BB. I'm not on TMO, so your question wasn't directed at me, but I've answered anyway!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

N95 looks like a nice machine -- 5mp camera, 160mb memory, and Nokias are pretty high quality (in my experience). I've never used an N95, but looking at it's specs at GSMarena there's one thing that concerns me -- that you can keep call records for only 30 days. That indicates to me that memory is allocated (a certain amount to each application) as opposed to BB where all aps can access all memory. Why that is a concern is the 5 megapixel camera -- it looks more like it's intent is mulimedia rather than PIM and business, and most of the memory is allocated to the pictures and sounds. Memory to the calendar is probably limited, too. I'm thinking that a BB is still more practical in my real world, so, although tempted, methinks I'll keep the Blackberry --

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Absolutely not... I've had two Blackberry's 7100 & 8100 and even though I had a few issues with the 7100 since I really wanted media support, they always do the job. Every other phone I've had, some old Nokia, Sony Ericsson T68i and something else, UTStarcom, Treo 700W; have been more trouble than it's worth.

I just want something that works. Having to figure out why, for example, my Treo would keep downloading every email message on the server over and over (turns out you had to use like user:[email protected] or something), isn't what I want to spend my time on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well to be honest, I will get my hands on one as soon as I can just as I did with the iPhone. I love to try out new phones, computers, etc. I will do this with the N95 for sure, but there is no doubt in my mind that I will be back to my Pearl and Curve duo for my everyday life and work. I love my BBs more than anything I have ever used and dont see myself quitting them ever.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

no i think i would wait for a 3g blackberry

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like the N95, been searching on Ebay for some unlocked ones recently. Im under Tmobile too, so this is really good news. I think when it comes out Im gonna switch from my Pearl to this. Really want to get the N95. Ill miss my Pearl but this will be a nice upgrade.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

veryyy sexy phone.

i still dont think id switch for it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

N95 is an awesome device. I wouldn't jump ship to it, but i would get one for my wife so i can play with it once in a while.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ha eddie.

i had the n95 euro version and i hated that i had to charge it numerous times...DAILY but apparently this issue has been addressed and a couple of others that wore on my last nerve.

mark, you can adjust the settings. so its not that limited.

as for the email, it is a drawback. you have to set it to be checked in intervals. certainly, not push. and the keyboard is still A HUGE drawback for heavy texters, like myself. gps takes forever to obtain a signal. not sure how it operates with telenav since i was using the device only but it seemed i had to sit out in the middle of a parking lot outside of my car for 5 minutes to get it going. okay not 5, maybe 4.

i wont jump ship either, i always have my black ready to go when i get ticked off with a new toy but, i cant say i wont try it. its a sexy beast.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information