Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimited email option

With tmobile, there is actually a difference between text messages and instant messages. Instant messages (such as used from BB messenger, AOL, etc.) count for data plan. Text messages are not included. Therefore, you would need to have a data plan and a text message plan if you choose to do both.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimited email option

aceone999, be careful with comments like that. While you are correct, you are also wrong lol. OK seriously T-mobile has IM via SMS also (see OZ Messenger which does AIM/Yahoo/MSN) which comes on most of their phones and even on the BlackBerries (for many users here). Then there are IM clients released by RIM and other 3rd party makers (such as RIM's AIM/Google Talk/Yahoo IM, or JiveTalk etc).. those will use data

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/services/TzonesDetail.aspx?tp=Svc_Tab_TZones&tsp=Svc_Sub_Me ssaging&tssp=Svc_Sub_InstantMessaging&oscid=4CD51B A7-B5AF-4AB2-85E0-50EC0AF141F9

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimited email option

Some people say you can't use Blackberry Messenger without Blackberry Internet service. Hmm, I do not use the internet service I just use the Blackberry Mail Add On, now for 3 months never had a charge for using Blackberry Messenger and it works great.

BB Email ADD On is data it goes through the BB servers, they block the internet service on the plan.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimited email option

The internet service isn't blocked, they just don't push down the browser service book. If you install 3rd party software that utilizes bis connection, it still will function.

Again, I wouldn't suggest exploiting this to any degree since data does not appear out of the air and if tmobile does catch wind of abuse, they could hit with a surprise charge for data used and quite a few email only add-on customers get a shock on a future bill.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unlimited email option

[quote=cliffr39;552673]no it will not work. as said above it is data and would require the unlimited BlackBerry data plan $19.99, the $9.99 unlimited email is just email (can you download/open attachments?? I'm not sure)[/quote

Yes you can use Blackberry Messenger on BB Email Add On, it's data and runs through the BB servers, but has a block for internet service. Your bill should indicate it as data as it's a unlimited megabytes data plan.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information