Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 110" upgrade

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

Hi Guys,
    Lately I have been thinking of splashing the cash on a 2011 CVO and trading my 2010 SG but I was wondering if anyone who had done a 110 upgrade to the 96 motor might be good enough to share their own experience as this might be an economic option for me....
    any thoughts appreciated?
    Cheers fellas
    R

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

I would just keep in mind that you do not get your investment back when you upgrade a stock bike like you do when you buy a CVO. Ask me how I know this? Every bike I buy I put the equivalent of the money I would spend on a CVO into it to upgrade the motor, chrome etc. And when it comes time to sell I take a bath. My advise is bite the bullet and buy the CVO if you want a 110. That's what I'll do next time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

...... .......

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

Depends if you want bling or performance.

The stock 110 CVO motor is very pedestrian, it couldnt pull a sailor off your sister. You will still need to do quite a bit to it to get it to move.

If you dont value bling do a serious upgrade on your 96 and you will be faster.

If you turn over your bike every few years then resale will be a concern. Personally I had my last RK for 11 years, I think this one is gonna last that long too, so I couldnt care less about depreciation.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

I just saw the Black Diamond/Crimson CVO SG in the dealership today...it's jaw-dropping! If I could afford it, I would be all over that, but I really love my Road Glide, so it'd have to be a second bike and who spends $36,500 (before TTL) on a "second bike"?

My vote, trade it in on the CVO SG so I can live vicariously through you! Good luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

As stated above, don't be overly impressed with the sheer size of the 110. Check out it's numbers from the factory (and remember, those are at the crank, not the rear wheel), and they're nothing to be impressed with. Simply add a stage 1 and cams to your present engine and it will literally blow away a stock 110, hands down.

110" upgrade

It Cost about the same or just a little more to buy a complete SE 120ci engine cost around $4,500with with a 20% discount. Dealers say 20 Hours to install. The 110 conversion the cases have to be spilt and bored. Dealers want 20hrs for that caonversion. If you go the SE jims 120 you can keep the 96ci or sell it for $2,000-2,500 cost around the same. I bought the SE 113 kit for 2,160 with sales tax. Before the 120 SE jims engine was offered. Id go the 120 in a heart beat. over the 110 or 113. If you want a little more balls out of the 96 you can go a 103 conversion you don't have to split the cases. But you proberly know that. Any one wana buy a 113 kit it's for sale.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

Yeah I think I agree, I kept my 2005 RK custom 5 years and almost recouped my outlay when I traded for a 2010 SG, but i really like those 2011 CVO's and for the first time in my life I am close to being able to afford one.....mmmmm???
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    R

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

Hi, Thanks for your thoughts, do you know how "stock" (sorry hope that makes sense) the 110" CVO unit is....I imagined it had upgraded cams etc long with a download to the ECM etc straight out of the box??
    Cheers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

110" upgrade

Someone on here will have the numbers, if you do a search you might find it. I thing the stock 110 is about 85hp at the rear wheel???

The stock 110 has to meet all the EPA rules, so the cams are conservative, i read somewhere that the 110 cams are the same as the 96, at least they were on the 2009s.

Also the moco wants you to spend up at the dealership so they have no motivation to make it go right out of the box anyhow.

To make a 2011 CVO 110 go right you will need at least cams, header pipes, mufflers, ac and SEPST / TTS. It still probably wouldnt stay with a well sorted aftermarket 106 or 107 with aftermarket heads but it would be respectable enough.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information