Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wood TW6-6 TW-555 Cam Dyno Test by Fuel Moto

Subscribed. Great, just great, I just had Jamie install and dyno my bike with the 6-6's, and now I find out there may be a better cam out there yet!!! Guess I'll just have to wait and see the new charts on the 555's and take it from there!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I doubt that the 555 will make you have buyers remorse on your TW6-6. I think even Jamie said in a previous post that he wasn't expecting major gains on a 96" motor.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

[quote=iclick;7194414]I agree with your shop's suggestion that either Wood cam needs more compression than stock to work optimally, Even given the less-than-ideal conditions for these dyno runs, I personally don't like the TQ curve below 2800 RPM and wouldn't want to sacrifice the low-end to this extent,
    I'm basing these opinions on the fact that we all ride baggers, which are often loaded with luggage and a passenger, and many of us want power where we ride, not after one or two downshifts. end quote]
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I AM WATCHING THE COMPARISONS. With a stock 103", I think (so far) the TW6-6 with pwr. pkg. will be perfect for my application. That cam is advertised to improve through the entire range. It does not give less than the stock setup at any RPM.

Heavy hauler; estimateed appx. 600lbs loaded with passenger and gear.
    My riding style is to be gentle on take off and then dial in as much as I need/want. That is what I like about the 6-6, for example ,entering from an on ramp...revs are already going to be higher and now it is just a twist of the wrist and (adios). Pulling grades, passing 18s, showing off to the pack , what ever. But as iclick mentioned , I ALSO will not be drag racing. For my riding needs / style perfect..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

[quote=fuelmoto;7193616]As far as
    As far as running the tests with the stock head pipe, I would expect to see a difference of at least 5-7 Hp/6-8Tq between the stock 2010 head pipe and the Jackpot 2/1/2 with a good set of mufflers. We did not include the stock head pipe as most will swap this out before a cam swap.

So which makes more power- the 2010 2-1 pipe with a muffler swap, or the 2009 2-1-2 head pipe with Jackpot head pipe and dyno tuned mufflers?

thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So which makes more power- the 2010 2-1 pipe with a muffler swap, or the 2009 2-1-2 head pipe with Jackpot head pipe and dyno tuned mufflers?

thanks[/quote]

I'd guess the 2010 2-1 would produce less power because of the cat over either the stock 2009 2-1-2 or the fuel moto head pipe. And the fuel moto head pipe should be the most powerful out of the three you brought up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's true if you compare papers(dynosheets)but if you do a roll-on comparison between bikes with tw6-6 an the 255:s in real life the outcome is different.

My buddys bike: '09 SG, 255:s ,PC-V, stock headpipe. V&H MO:s, SE Heavy Breather and tuned by the same dyno shop as my bike

My bike: see sig.

We started in 2:nd gear at 2000rpm side by side and went for full throttle, and my buddy pulled away with a bike length for a sec. or 2 and from about 2500rpm I start to pull away from him up to the redline.

We also did this at 3 4 5 and 6:th gear and the outcome was always the same , I smiled every time when I saw him in my mirrors and my bike is heavier and we are the same weight so it should be the other way around.

On the dyno I gained 14hp with dresser duals and my buddy 7hp with the 255:s and close to 100 in tq for the both of us.

I think that the TW6-6 are the ultimate bolt-in cam for a bagger right now and this humble test shows it and we don't ride dynosheets.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subscribed!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, the Wood TW-555 cams are installed, the bike got a full dyno tune and the results are in and this new cam is pretty awesome. While the TW6-6 already sets the bar very high in this application, the TW-555 improved both horsepower and torque. Not surprisingly the curve is nearly identical to the TW6-6 however the TW-555 pulls thru with better upper end peak power where it consistenly carries +2-4 Hp up to redline, but what surprised me is that is the the torque even comes in earlier.

2010 Touring 96" with Wood TW-555 cams, Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe, Jackpot mufflers, Stage 1 air cleaner, Dyno tuned with Dynojet PC-V

Comparison between Wood TW6-6 (red) and Wood TW-555 (blue)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

WOW good numbers. I guess i'm gonna have to do some thinking before I purchase my cams.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's amazing and I was wrong in my guess that they would push the TQ curve to the right. They didn't, instead pushing it straight up giving better TQ throughout the RPM range. To boot, they produce better peak-HP, and I know which between the two I would pick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information