Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

Congrats!!! You can create a photo album at the top

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

I love it!!! I just picked mine up last Thursday and took it out for the first real ride (over 25 miles) and broke 135 miles. I was asking a few people at the dealership if I should dump the oil and filter. From past purcheses I have always dumped the oil & filter after 100 miles. This was due to the case oils used in the manufacturing. I was told that Ducati is running the engines for 15 min. for a complete heat cycle and then dumping the oil and filter. What do you think?? Also I agree that the suspention is very stiff however I will most likley not mess with it till my 600 mile service.

Cheers.

Finally Got It!!!!!!

Sweet looking bike - I've had my deposit on a base 1098 with Erico since 3 weeks before the unveiling. Eric is my sales guy and he told me that the 1098s lot rolls in first, then the base models. I'm # 5 on a list of about 20 - so I'm hoping you were # 4 then! Eric siad they have had one base 1098 arrive (yours) and they should start rolling in afterwards.

I had a Ducati 900ss and an R6 previous to this bike - sold them both to make room for this beast. CO altitude takes about 15% off of your peak HP - so I figure after break in I will add the pipes and CPU to bring it back to roughly stock performance at sea level.

I love the scenery here in CO - but HATE the power it robs!

- Rob
    Denver

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

Sounds like you need a turbocharger.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

Rob,
    I agree with the altitude comment. It's amazing riding these 1,000's at sea level and then riding them here....i would probably own a 600 at sea level and am unimpressed with 1,000's here. My friends MV 1000s lofts the wheel with just constant acceleration at sea level....haven't found a bike here that will do that!

Let us know when you get yours as mine is most likely 1 or 2 behind yours.

Also interested in what advantages the full system gives you here.....are you considering going one tooth down on the front to compensate as well?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

Very nice!!!!
    Frequent oil and filter changes are the key!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

mkdiehl - you live in morison? We should go riding.... I ride through there a lot at the beginning of my mountain rides - I usually ride solo.

The full system opens it up a bit more and is good for an additional 10-15 HP I have read (at sea level). I will keep the gearing stock for a while - I went up a couple teeth in the rear on my R6 and found that I missed having the lower RPS in top gearwhen I just wanteds to cruise without winding it out. The R6 was highly modified and would get light in the front with WOT in 2nd at 6000 feet - but now power wheelies I'm hoping for more out of the 1098 up here. I'm getting antsy with this nice weather now!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

Congrats on the bike. I don't mean to be a killjoy but a sloppy front end and vibrating sound like shit to me. I'm looking to make the plung but have never been a ducati owner before. For the price of the bike I don't expect problems like that. Help me understand.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

actually im not sure why but the next time i rode the bike it didnt feel that way at all, couldnt begin to tell you why.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally Got It!!!!!!

I was gonna post this earlier (actually thought I did) But I was gonna say its probably you just getting used to it. New tires, new bike new everything compared to what you had previously.

I'll feel the same way tomorrow riding home thinking.. man this is so not like my R1...

Congrats on your bike btw.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information