Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

03 Honda 600RR to 08 Ducati 1098

If you need a termi slip on ECU let me know i have one for sale .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will do Wilson, thanks. Ill be sure to let others know that need one as well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, I know its a bit late but I came from the same combination. It was hell of a difference. The 600RR was smoother and had more on the high end. The 1098 has loads of torque and a bit more vibration from the bike. The ergonomics was a little more aggressive for the 1098. I also had a habit riding the bike at a lower rpm and it worked out fine with the double R but with the 1098, you would have the keep the rpm a little higher to make it happy. It will take some time to adjust to it and once you get to know the bike more, you will enjoy it more.

Honesty, if I could, I would keep both but financially for me it wouldn't work. I don't regret getting the 1098 at all. I hope you would have the same reaction as me where I would love to ride the 1098 any chance I get.

Good luck on your purchase!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

From all the resources and info that i've been running into, im anticipating those needed adjustments. I'm sure the 1098 will be an awesome ride once I get used to it, which I will. Yea me too, I LOVED my double R and would definitely keep it, but yea cant afford to have two bikes at this time. Looking forward to the 1098 most definitely!!! Thanks for the comforting words of wisdom 604. VERY much appreciated!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey there Nmats

In April I swapped my 2006 CBR 1000 and purchased a 07 Ducati 1098. Fun factor thru the roof. You will probably stall your Ducati the 1st few days, totally different power band. Plus you're coming from a 600, so the difference will be even larger. You're red line limit will be almost cut in half.

Pros: Power band in a better spot (for me). Front end comes up when I want it to, gives you power...now...if I miss a shift...bike really doesn't care...Cool factor on start-up because the motor is quite exhilarating. 1098 drops and turns better compared to my previous 1000, however compared to your 600, the 1098 will be more work. (would be interested in your write-up comparison). Bike response is incredible, it really communicates well if you pay attention. People hear your coming a mile away, asside from the 'neat' factor, this can save your life!

Cons: You can't smack your side mirrors on other vehicles splitting lanes. The side mirrors take awhile to get use to, tough to see blind spots. Watch those stalls, I've gotten use to it, but it's NOT a Honda! On a miss shift (up) down hill, I notice it will cut-out on occassion. Usually cuts on driver error, which NEVER happens....Accessories for this damn thing are hella expensive. Sucker runs hot on summer days, notorious for V-Twins, but it just sounds like it's burning up down there! My wife gets pissed because this bike makes me smile more than her...that could be a 'pro'....

Similars: Power comp to 1000, over all 1098 can't blow away my old 1000, but the power is in a different spot. Compared to your 600, hell hold on.......smooth pitch baby....

848 vs 1098 - I rattled my brain and did weeks of research between the 2. Even have gotten into a few email wars with 848 owners. 1098 is worth more, will resale better, the larger CC bikes always do. I'm happy with selecting the 1098 over the 848. Spending this much on a Ducati and not getting the infamous dry clutch. Cmon now.............

Future concerns: HOPEFULLY this beast hangs in there maintenance wise. Yes, Ducati put much effort in making this bike more maint friendly. No issues thus far, and only time will tell!

Overall, this bike will make you smile more than any bike you've previously owned......

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for taking the time to post that info Wiley. Looking forward to the ride even more. Thanks! Dope avatar btw!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information