Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

If You Like the Red Frame...

Step away from the Ducati.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am glad they are not offering the Red frame with the Black on the new S model. Lets us 2007/08 1098 guys have something for the collector box for later years down the road.

I think its werid how they put the new style wheel on the normal models and keep the old wheels on the hotsy totsy models. Almost makes one think the old wheels are better???

Going to 1198 for all models means it will be a lot cheaper down the road and easier to find parts to make anyones 1098 a 1198. When a rebuild is in the plans.

Personally If its aluminun or stainless that is how I like to see it. If I was getting one of these models taking the Black off the swing arm would be one of my first mods (everyone always has different tastes and this is no offense to anyone, just shows how old school I am). I would actually like to have my swingarm polished.

I am also actually glad that I have the model w/o electronic traction control. Since I will never race my bike on a track I am glad I don't have some exotic electric device that I will never know anything about as for as how to repair when it quits working, as a big blessing.
    I surely am glad I have the model I have compared to these......though I would not knock any of these out of bed for eating crackers.....except maybe the Baylis model....to me its ugly and why would I want to ride a bike like his....I am not him nor will I ever be!?.....lol

I never have been a big fan of cars or bikes that are named after supposedly someone of fame or great accomplishment. It would make me feel like it really was not mine and as if I wanted to be them more than me.
    I am very much into bikes that their owner has personalized with a name though. My 1098 is named "Susie Q". I was going to get the named striped on it at Daytona but just to much effort with all the many people there. Just decided to make some very low key decals for it myself saying that name.

I still remember the first personalized bike I saw when I was 14. It was a customized Triumph Cub that had "Hot Nuts" Striped on its oil tank. No one ever called it a Triumph Cub that so and so owns....it was always "THATS HOT NUTS"....the bike...rothfl.

On my old FJ1100 back when it was first produced I called it "Rice Burner" and the decal was right under the tail light for all to see. Its really wild what things make an impression on you when are young.

I agree with Peter that I always thought the Red 1098 S should have had a Black frame and been a kissing cousin to the Black w/Red frame.

I like the Brass or whatever color one calls it with the Black but not as much as I like my Red w/Black.
    So I will not be jumping out the door to trade up for one of the normal or S models. I think I will be much happier with my Red frame, natural aluminun swing arm and no traction control.
    Along with it easier to make my bike a 1198 if I desire.
    Hopefully now that they decided to call these bikes by what they are, 1198's, maybe by the time I win the Lotto they can figure out how to get the name right for whatever "R" model is availeble at that time?? I doubt if Ducati is worried for I fear winning the Lotto is not in the stars for me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

many great Ducatis came with a silver/champagne frame, many of which will never be forgotten.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like the other photos more!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

+1

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not going to. If you read my post it had a JK at the end. I am going to chrome the wheels though. I like it. I know some people think they are bling or whatever but if I would have done what everyone else thought was cool my whole life I wouldn't be me. I think having leathers and a helmet that match your bike is poser unless your a sponsored or pro racer, but plenty of guys do that. I don't bash on em, it's what they like. But no I am not going to extend the swingarm. I actually get sick when I see those type of bikes. I always tell those dudes that anyone can go fast in a straight line. They're usaually the ones who had 2" chicken strips on the rear before they dumped $15K into their bikes to have an excuse for not being able to ride.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Checked it out and it looks great. Like the black "bottom". All blacked out bottom portion (including the rear sprocket)
    Good job.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree. I dont like gray/goldish wheels on 1198S.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information