Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A bit obsessed...Ever done this?

I must be the odd gal out here...I have the opposite problem I guess. My hubby got somewhat into bikes because of my riding & interest in them. But he is NO WHERE as into them as I am.

Yes he did find & persuade me into getting my 1098s, like that was really going to be a difficult task. But his idea of riding is perfect weather conditions, & about a 1hr ride MAX. What's the friggen point then.

Went on a ride a couple of weekends ago, about 200 miles- a 5-6 hr total ride. It was hot when you weren't moving but it was sooo much fun just getting out on the bike. Got home & got chastied for being gone all day. He seems to think I am obsessed with this bike. Ok, I ride to work pretty much rain or shine spring thru fall. Will ride into the winter until it reaches about 35 degrees, only to stop for fear of ice on the roads. My thought is what is the point of owning this sexy piece of machinery if you're not going to use it!!!!

So I guess I am like the rest of you guys, & the hubby is like the grippy wives jealous of the time that is spent on the bike. I too stop to look for & hear every bike that comes roaring buy to see what it is.

I don't think he will ever get how much I enjoy riding my bike. Any suggestions to help him get over his jealousy???

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

[quote=Stimacsays;186693]Great thread. Not to be bragging, but Kami is so cool, she is just the same as my wife. 15 years ago. Good news men, some times they dont chainge.

Way to go Kami![quote]

Awe, shucks!! Thanks! :-) I hope I have the same level of passion for bikes and Ducatis when I'm old as I do now!! I think my interest is only growing every day, so I don't think there is much to worry about!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amen to that!!!I have almost 10,000mi on my 848, and was the first person to get a 7,500mi service on their 848. WTF?! I must be the only person who actually RIDES their 848... But I'm sure glad to hear that there are others who actually ride!! :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yay for you!! :-) I have a friend who is even shorter than you who has a 250. She can ride the wheels off of it, but she won't get another bike because they are all too tall.... I don't think she's sat on a Monster lately... I might have to work on that :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I only WISH I was able to get that much riding in

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi and welcome temecula....ducati female rider here also....yay!! at last another short gal who understands!!...5'3 here...
    btw, being an aussie, i have no idea what a temecula is..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

im sort of in the same boat as u 22slow, reversed saga
    i am the active enthusiast, and my partner is just plain over it...

i can understand it tho...he's had the ducati dealership for over 25 years and hes seen and done it all over and over again...
    think its a little bit about breaking his elbow a coupla years ago too..he hadnt had a fall in 12 years..and dumped a hypermotard in some brickies loam doing next to no speed at all...and day dreaming....
    think his ego got a little bruised.

he cant be motivated when he works at the shop 6 days a week....theres duc stuff at home, too...shed of it

so i have no idea about help in your dilema, ive tried everything...he just wont budge..
    (perhaps he thinks youre a better rider and is a little challenged?)

we talk the talk, and im the one into the races and got everything set up for him on race night..

and yea sure i can pick the diff between a 4 valve and a 2 valver's engine from blocks away...and yep im a jump up outta the desk seat and have a sticky out the front window to see who has just pulled up..kinda person
    but thats just due to working at the shop and sitting directly above the tuning shop...and having customers come and go all the time..
    (the mechanics always reckon my bike sounds like a 1098, and question each other as to who it is pulling up at this time...like...'who's that, we dont have a 1098 booked in')

loved ducati's since i was a little younger than kami's age..and love em still..
    and nothings gonna change, cept the speed of the reflex's kickin inand how agile i am at throwing my leg over

happy b'day again 22

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

10,000 was that in a year?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I completely agree - I just can't stay off the bike. Put in 7k miles last year and that wasn't to anywhere special or far afield.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i've put a bunch of miles on her in the year i've had her and i'm thinking "am i riding her too much" - do i need to get another bike for those day's i just want a quick blast? i know if i did the second bike wouldn't get ridden. i'd look over at drusilla, she'd wink at me and how could i refuse

i've got a 'gusta as well but that babies in a glass box - well most of the time ...

oh yeah...and my chicka is always laughing at my involuntary bike perving reflex. it doesn't matter what type of bike. i love it. i'm obsessed and am proud to admit it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information