Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

Yep. If my wife hadn't told me to get the Ducati, then we might have problems. But when I mentioned that I wanted a 1098 and to trade-in the Hayabusa, she was all for it. So yeah, she's a keeper

I think all the new Buell's will be sold well before Christmas, and many of them will be held onto as a fetish, I mean collector piece or savored in some weird sense. But if things work out better and theres one for sale again then I'd definitely pick it up. Oh well, win some and win some more, only lose a few.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

can't argue with that. is a sweet deal though.

the way i look at it all... every time something dies (buell) something else is born (x).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

Well I have to admit the same. Hopefully someone will fund (and more importantly manage) Erik Buell in a future endeavor.

Theres all this talk about HD owning all the patents, but from my limited searching, I haven't found whether its true or not. Could be speculation, could be fact. When looked at all the patents on line it shows owner is Buell Motorcycle Company (the name changed from Buell to BMC when Erik was forced into a full subsidiary of HD). Registered inventor is Erik Buell. So will be interesting to see if the patents go with Erik or not. Seeings how Erik father is a Patent Attorney, I would think Erik had it setup so that in any event he maintains those patents. If that is the case, whoever financially backs Erik for startup will make money!

Buell and MV to be gone

If they do get bought it could end up being very positive ,i feel buell being owned by hd drove allot of the young riders away .the stigma of the attachment was negative for allot of people the Charley Davidson crowd has left such a bad taste in many riders mouths packs of overweight poser crowd has turned indavigalism into a herd mentality.If you put a buell sticker on a world class motorcycle many people wouldn't go near it just because they think its a Harley sport bike theres allot of hd hatred out there. I do hope mv is bought the same stigma wouldn't apply mv has Ben established to long, hd only owned them on a hands off capacity. the above statement is not meant to insight any hd bashing some really cool people and cool bikes, i am not crazy about what the company has become just my opinion.I build old cafe racers and Ive met some really cool Harley guys that respect old cafe bikes, allot of tools to.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

Good point Brett!...

by the way "nice ears"...LOL

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

i tend to agree with srduc more. it is the association with the name that does more damage than the actual hardware.

who knows what buell could have become had they been able to join the superbike market successfully back then.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

That's the point exactly it has nothing to do with mechanics or design its brand association. They would have to mach the prestige heritage and down wright sexiness of a Italian bike,the engineering and performance of a bmw and the value and performance of a jap bike they don't Cary mystic, if you know what i mean the Harley guys don't want them because there not a Harley and to most of them that's the only brand regardless of performance and the sport bike guys don't want them because they are considered a want to be Harley sport bike. they are stuck in the pickle. their new bike looks good , was watching them at a race in daytona i think they were leading then it blew up. it looked great until then,maybe they will be reborn beter then ever and they can start a rep standing one its own merits.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

Does this maybe mean my sportster nightster will be worth more money later..........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buell and MV to be gone

Stick a fork in 'em, 'cuz they's done! If you want to see a businessmandown in the dumps, check-out Eric's farewell to Harley. But whateverhappened to the saying, "There's no crying in MOTORCYCLING?"Who do you blame? How about the Harley dealers for not supportingBuells for the most part (notable exception: Glendale H-D/Buell).How about Buell's and Harley's business plan that apparently wouldnot allow Buell bikes to be carried as a stand-alone brand so thata multi-line dealership could sell them. How about Eric himselfso steadfastly convinced he knew how to build a better machine,that facts and logic dictating otherwise were continually ignored.Notice how BMW's newest sport-bike is basically a Teutonic versionof proven Japanese designs. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Ericapparently thought if you can't beat 'em, make-up your own game.And his speech about how his bike won the poorly-conceivedDaytona Sport-Bike championship mentions they defeated "MUCHLARGER JAPANESE COMPANIES"...yes, with bikes that had muchSMALLER engines, thanks to the jingoistic, heavily-biased rules.And take a look at a full-line Buell brochure. You see Rotax mentionedas powering the 1125CR, but nowhere do you see Harley as thename mentioned powering the air-cooled Buells. What's a matter,Milwaukee, you, too even ashamed to be associated with Buell brand?I'll admit, I thought a Harley engine in a sport-bike was a "best ofboth worlds" kinda' thing, but reality said otherwise.I just feel sorry for anyone who bought an 1125CR for the short-term.Yeah, eventually they may be great collector-investment bikes, but for the foreseeable future, trying to get parts and service for a model made for only 2 years...well, uh...good luck with that.So long, Eric, and hey, at least YOU weren't crushed into a 3X3X3block like you symbollically did for your Blast, so it coulda' been worse!Hmm...THIS JUST IN! A group may be trying to keep Buell alive. Hey,somebody, call Roger Penske. He ALMOST bought Saturn!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information