Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which bike would you get?

I saw the BMW in person for the first time last week and I have to say that it looks much better in person!! I really like the black one!! I am seriously considering making it my next bike!! It would look great sitting next to my Duc!! I can't wait to ride one and see how all that performance technology comes together!! As far as reliabilty, they must be confident in that machine to have a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.

I don't know; I saw a black RR up close and personal, sat on it, started it up..., it sounds great, but say what you want, I think it's as ugly in person as it is in the mags.

What I liked about it is how small it is! It's tiny. It feels like a 600 when you sit on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If youve alreay got a Duc then id go BMW without a doubt, Im not a fan of the MV. Dont know why but theres something I just dont like about them. The BMW will be uber reliable and as a second bike surely that is what it is all about.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marcel,

You're not a fan?! Are you serious?

I've never heard that before. Among sportbike enthusiasts, the MV F4 is generally considered to be the, "gold standard."

Have you ever looked at an F4 up close? It's something to behold. The fit and finish is unmatched. For example, in comparason, the F4 makes my 1098s look like woof poop. If you don't like the F4, I'm guessing you don't like sportbikes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I totally agree with this assessment.

One more vote for the MV here. Yes, looks matter...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Different strokes for different folks. I like it alot!! The only part I was not fond of, was the polished look of the swingarm.
    I agree that the bike was small and surprisingly light. I'll bet it handles like a dream.
    That bike is gonna destoy the competition vs the Jap bikes. I hope Sport Rider/ Motocyclist ect... does a liter bike comparo and includes the S1000RR, F4, RSV4, and 1198. I'm confident the Europeon bikes will dominate!!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

MV all the way

It just wouldnt be my first choice of bike thats all, my mate has one so yup seen one up close . Ive never liked the wheel rims MV use I feel they ruin the bike , this is probably the worst thing to admit to but im not over keen on the exhaust system the 4 little pipes dont float my boat, the body styling is very nice though and as you say the finish is superb, its just not for me. Personally I wouldnt swap my Duc for one, I feel Ducati have nailed it with the styling with the current superbikes although the 916 will always be my childhood dream bike

I just feel if I had a Duc id then want a BMW over a MV, I think if I had a Duc and MV id be spoilt for choice as to which to ride, if I was riding a good distance trip like a tour then Id probably jump on the BMW over my Duc.

Marcel,

How about the rims on the 1098? Do you like them? 'Cause the 1098 and the F4 run the same rims.

If you don't believe me,take a look at my photo album. You'll see that my '07 1098s and my '07 F4 have the same rims. Identical.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought the 05' 911 Turbo before the 06' Gallardo, but I sold the Gallardo and kept the 911....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information