Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Removing Fine Scratches

I use all types of polishes with a porter cable 7424 to remove any blemishes on my bike

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Removing Fine Scratches

You need to use something with some "cut". The Meguiar's recommendation is a good one. Another great product is the Prima line from Detailer's Paradise. You will probably need to use the Swirl and then use the Finish "cuts". If you are then going to Zaino, you can go right to Z5. If you are using another carnua based wax, or a synthetic polymer sealant I would use their Amigo prior to this. Using a Porter is also going to speed up the work a lot. Doing this by hand you need to polish and then continuing polishing for about 3x longer than you think it should take. By hand sucks to get any of these fine lines/spiderwebs out of the clear coat.

I would caution against using a wet sand on scratches you can't feel. If you do this routinely you are removing too much of the finish and you will end up with nasty paint in a year or 2 and the only way to fix this is to respray the parts. It is just too aggressive for anything but deep scratches. Also, if you can see primer at the base of deep scratches, say from a belt buckle, no matter what a product promises you will never get it out. You can use a filler, or touch up paint, and a wet sand technique, but it will never again be 100%.

I have a bit of a car detailing problem, and thereby a bike detailing problem...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Removing Fine Scratches

Reviving this thread to find out, one, how did it go getting those scratches removed Fabo?

And two, I need some advice on removing these scratches on right above my tank protector where my jacket rubs

Damn stock tank protector doesn't go up all the way

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information