Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View RSS Feed

alice306

why use pdf?

Rate this Entry
One of the problems with displaying documents on a computer screen is that everyone's computer is a little different. You see this all the time with web pages - on some computers the screen's a little wider, on others the character size is a little larger, and on others some of the fonts used may not be available at all.
The result is that many documents might look quite different when displayed on your computer versus, say, mine.
Then you must hope there is a format can be viewed the same on different computers. In fact, a document that has been created in PDF format is intended to look exactly the same everywhere.
On the other hand, many documents rely on looking the same everywhere. In fact, that's one of the benefits of paper: once printed it doesn't change, no matter who's looking at it or where.
PDF format tries to solve this problem. A document that has been created in PDF format is intended to look exactly the same everywhere, across all computers regardless of configuration, operating system, or any of a number of other variables and a PDF document should look the same everywhere when printed.
Another advantage of PDF is that you only need a (free) PDF viewer to read a PDF document. If you forward, for example, a Microsoft Word or Power Point document around, you're kind of assuming that everyone has Microsoft Word or PowerPoint. Not only are they not free, but they're quite large and not everyone wants them.
With PDF viewers being nearly ubiquitous, you can create those documents as PDFs and then just about anyone can easily and quickly view them exactly as you expected them to be seen.
Besides that, PDF documents cannot be modified by the user they are sent to, making a PDF a perfect end user format. In addition, PDF files can be password protected and encrypted. This security feature can then be accessed by the majority of PDF readers, allowing for true cross-platform security as well. But you may wonder if I find there is some mistakes of my pdf files and want to edit it, how can I do? That is easy with the help of pdf to dwg converter, this program can help you convert pdf to dxf or dwg then you can edit your files, or you can turns to a free pdf to dwg converter to help you to convert pdf to dwg and then edit your pdf files.

With the help of those powerful programs, more and more computer and software user manuals and other documents are distributed as PDFs: it's much cheaper to place another file on the disk, and yet you can still count on exactly what it will look like to the user that bothers to open it up.

Submit "why use pdf?" to Digg Submit "why use pdf?" to del.icio.us Submit "why use pdf?" to StumbleUpon Submit "why use pdf?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Leave Comment Leave Comment