Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Is it better to have life worked out for you, or have you work your own life out?

Bibles tends to do just that... lay your life out for you. Isn't growth and self-development a much greater alternative to the world's dogmas?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Either way, you cannot foresee being hurt in a collision, developing an incurable illness, loss of loved ones, a secure income for life, who influences your life, when you will die... and the list goes on and on. Your destiny is your destiny but you do face many choices and decisions inbetween and you can make the best of your talents if circumstances permit.

I know many people who are victim of circumstances - stuck with caring for a partner or loved one 24/7, paralysed and dependent on others, rape, childhood abuse, victims of thalidomide, to name just a few.

At the moment, the world is in a mess and people have lost their homes, pensions and so much more because of the failure of the banking system. Your question, therefore, to me, doesn't hold much bearing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Either way, you cannot foresee being hurt in a collision, developing an incurable illness, loss of loved ones, a secure income for life, who influences your life, when you will die... and the list goes on and on. Your destiny is your destiny but you do face many choices and decisions inbetween and you can make the best of your talents if circumstances permit.

I know many people who are victim of circumstances - stuck with caring for a partner or loved one 24/7, paralysed and dependent on others, rape, childhood abuse, victims of thalidomide, to name just a few.

At the moment, the world is in a mess and people have lost their homes, pensions and so much more because of the failure of the banking system. Your question, therefore, to me, doesn't hold much bearing.

It's Jesus,I'm back baby
    My life went from Good to great... WITHOUT a bible that is. I don't need to thank a god for my life being better right now, I thank myself, I did it by myself.

I'd prefer to work my own life out.

I'd prefer to work my own life out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the latter.man is master of his own destiny. man is himself a god... in one way.. he alone is creator of his own world by his actions.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    for a christian obviously the former

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends...many people do not have a choice...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information