Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are the panasonic lumix cameras like?

looking to buy a new digital camera and have heard they are quite good ...any ideas

I dropped my fuji f30 it's dead!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37. It's very light-weight and portable. The quality of the shots are out-standing. I also have a Sony N1 and the quality doesn't really compare. I dropped my Lumix a few months ago and it still works, it's turned on in my bag and the lens hasn't suffered, they're amazingly durable. The settings on them are great and they seem to all have the same cool feature that you push a button up or down to view or take pictures, making the process smooth and fast.
    I haven't really found anything I can complain about it. The Lumix range is very good, takes very versatile shots. You may remember an advert for one where someone was at the pyramids and the pyramid came towards the person, representing the zoom range. This camera in particular, I also tried in the store, I found a little more bulky, but yes, the zoom was THAT good.

I highly recommend them, and the support/guarantee you receive with the purchase is fantastic.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37. It's very light-weight and portable. The quality of the shots are out-standing. I also have a Sony N1 and the quality doesn't really compare. I dropped my Lumix a few months ago and it still works, it's turned on in my bag and the lens hasn't suffered, they're amazingly durable. The settings on them are great and they seem to all have the same cool feature that you push a button up or down to view or take pictures, making the process smooth and fast.
    I haven't really found anything I can complain about it. The Lumix range is very good, takes very versatile shots. You may remember an advert for one where someone was at the pyramids and the pyramid came towards the person, representing the zoom range. This camera in particular, I also tried in the store, I found a little more bulky, but yes, the zoom was THAT good.

I highly recommend them, and the support/guarantee you receive with the purchase is fantastic.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Canon probably make the best pocket-sized cameras in their Ixus / SD range, but for me there is too much vignetting going on for it to be of any serious use, owing to the lens being physically so small. Can't speak for Lumix, but if you go for the biggest lens element you should be able to cut out the most obvious vignetting (which, simply put, means that the image is darker towards the corners).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information