Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    YL3

Tv repair? I have a panasonic with no picture no sound, but I can hear it turn on.?

Is it worth salvaging? How much is a repair shop or can I do it myself. Its a may 1997 model ct 3232622v. I just aquired this tv and disappointed it doesnt work. I plugged it in and pressed the power button I heard it come on and made this highish pitched buzzing sound. The power button being pushed again did not stop the buzzing I had to unplug it. When I plugged it back in the buzzing continued and I had not pressed power again.

Thanks for any help

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would probably be as much to repair to buy a new TV; yours is considered a "dinosaur" at that age. If you do replace it, look online for a recycling place to take the old TV - better than it going into the landfill :]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would probably be as much to repair to buy a new TV; yours is considered a "dinosaur" at that age. If you do replace it, look online for a recycling place to take the old TV - better than it going into the landfill :]

If you just purchased the tv take it back to the seller. Being a 1997 tv, it is not cost effective to repair this tv. You are better off buying a new HD tv. Stay with name brand tv like Panasonic, Sony, Samsung and Toshiba. Go online to Home Theater Magazine and read the reviews on tvs. You will also notice that Panasonic has a tv recommended in each of the price category of entry level to the high end, while Sony, Samsung and Toshiba does not (December issue). Other brands like LG, Sharp, Sanyo and Vizio did not even get mentioned. Hope this will help you out.

well that happens some time maybe it takes a while to warm up (classic old set)
    al the newer sets are way better and coming down in price

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information