Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you replant it gently and with care...also dig four poles into the ground and tie some small ropes attaching each pole seperatly to the tree. that way is will grow straight, and will by better protected from the wind. I hope this helps

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be just fine. I live in the Pacific Northwest and in winter, we get a LOT of wind which upends even full grown trees when the ground gets saturated. Your sapling will recover nicely when the ground drains and settles. Instead of bricks, you might consider driving stakes and just tying it off. The bricks will weigh down the root ball, but will not help much to prevent the whole thing rotating in the ground and partially falling over again. Remember, the wind acting on the tree acts like a lever to pull the tree over, so the higher the support against movement the better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you replant it gently and with care...also dig four poles into the ground and tie some small ropes attaching each pole seperatly to the tree. that way is will grow straight, and will by better protected from the wind. I hope this helps

TTI200

New Tree I just planted blew down from the wind, will it be ok?

The weather dipped from 70 to 38 degrees today and the wind began blowing real heavily. It also rained a lot. When I got home today I noticed my tree had fallen but it was not from it breaking, it was because it had rained so hard that the soil was real soft and mushy causing the wind to blow down the whole tree lifting the root along with the soil that was stuck on it from being in the pot.

I stuck it back in the ground and built a layer of bricks up along the trunk to secure it from falling down because of the wind.

I'm just a little worried since the root was disturbed..will the tree be ok? Any tree experts out there that can put my mind at ease? Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recommend you put a light in a safe place where the wind will not hurt it maybe in your house just until the weather is good enough for the tree to grow!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information