Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can a Panasonic FL360 Flash work with a Canon T2i?

I have a Panasonic FL360 Flash unit and a broken Panasonic FZ50. I want to buy a Canon DSLR but I don't want the Flash unit to go to waste. Can I use the FL360 with a new Canon DSLR?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a new gen Panasonic flash, so it is likely that the trigger voltage is less than 6V, and all flashguns (except Minolta/Sony) use the ISO518 standard accessory shoe with the central pin trigger.

However while it might be save and it will fit you lose all the benefits of the TTL functions the flash has. You will only be able to use the flash in manual mode.

To be honest just sell the flash on ebay or gumtree and buy yourself a 430EX or a Metz 48AF1

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a new gen Panasonic flash, so it is likely that the trigger voltage is less than 6V, and all flashguns (except Minolta/Sony) use the ISO518 standard accessory shoe with the central pin trigger.

However while it might be save and it will fit you lose all the benefits of the TTL functions the flash has. You will only be able to use the flash in manual mode.

To be honest just sell the flash on ebay or gumtree and buy yourself a 430EX or a Metz 48AF1

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Call Canon first. Generally Canon DSLR camera cannot use flash units that have trigger voltages higher than 6v. 800.OK-CANON

Nikon DSLR's seem to be more tolerant when it comes to foreign electronic flash units.

My data base shows all National (Panasonic) electronic flash units to have trigger voltages of either around 10v all the way up to 240v.

You will have to call Canon and ask for sure

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Call Canon first. Generally Canon DSLR camera cannot use flash units that have trigger voltages higher than 6v. 800.OK-CANON

Nikon DSLR's seem to be more tolerant when it comes to foreign electronic flash units.

My data base shows all National (Panasonic) electronic flash units to have trigger voltages of either around 10v all the way up to 240v.

You will have to call Canon and ask for sure

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information