Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Get horn and side mirror fixed on Chevy Venture?

I need to do some work on my mini-van. It's time for inspection and my horn doesn't work. Can anyone tell me about how much that would cost to fix? Also, although I don't HAVE to have this done for inspection my passenger side mirror was knocked off a very long time ago, I would like to get that fixed but as with my horn I am not sure what to expect as far as costs go. Would I just take it to a Chevy Dealership?

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The horn could be a bad horn, bad horn relay, bad switch in the steering column, or a wiring/connection problem. The cost could be less than $50 for a new horn or relay to several hundred if they need to disassemble the steering column or trouble shoot the electrical system. Mirror about $100 including installation. Do not bring it to a Chevy dealer unless you want to pay about twice what an independent garage would charge.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The horn could be a bad horn, bad horn relay, bad switch in the steering column, or a wiring/connection problem. The cost could be less than $50 for a new horn or relay to several hundred if they need to disassemble the steering column or trouble shoot the electrical system. Mirror about $100 including installation. Do not bring it to a Chevy dealer unless you want to pay about twice what an independent garage would charge.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As for the horn I would check the fuse before I took it anywhere.(open Passenger door and look on the side of the dash for fuses) The mirror will likely be power and quite expensive to replace. If its an older van and you are more concerned with seeing behind you than cosmetics. I would try a manual replacement from an auto parts store. ( Pep Boys might even install that for you.?? I'm sure they or Autozone,O'riellys etc... would check that fuse for you. ; )

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As for the horn I would check the fuse before I took it anywhere.(open Passenger door and look on the side of the dash for fuses) The mirror will likely be power and quite expensive to replace. If its an older van and you are more concerned with seeing behind you than cosmetics. I would try a manual replacement from an auto parts store. ( Pep Boys might even install that for you.?? I'm sure they or Autozone,O'riellys etc... would check that fuse for you. ; )

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information