Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    zornt

World Series Game 4 screw up

unreal1080p, Obviously this is an unacceptable occurrence, you have every right to complain to the CRTC as we all have, but you watched something that would make you "puke" for 6 whole minutes? If I found something that offensive on the tube and was watching it with my kids, why wouldn't you change the channel?
    I understand you were in Red Sox Nation "rapture", but a whole 6 minutes?
    C'mon guy, grind that axe elsewhere.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ya, I saw it too. It was on both East and West Fox hd feeds. I switched over to the Sportsnet feed.

What could have BEV been doing to cause this screw up ?

Next week (Nov.6&7) BEV is re-mapping most of their hd channels to different transponders. Should be lots of temporary outages. They call it satellite maintenance.

unreal1080p

1) Don't put words in my mouth... I did not say the whole 6 minutes made me want to...

2) Answered and explained allredy in my previous post: I was recording something else on tuner #2 and changing the channel on tuner #1 would have made me lose my entire 30 minute buffer (I was 30 minutes behind).

3) It goes without saying that disrupting such a big worldwide important broadcast by any content, whatever that content is, is completely unnaceptable and shows incomptence. If they need to do maintenance, they can do it at 4:00am when nobody's watching a live sporting event. I understand they are launching 6 new channels in 3 days (Superchannels) but that is no excuse.

4) It's also not for you to tell me where and when to grind my axe --> last time I checked, this was still a free country.

P.S. Maybe if BEV game me my 55 Hour HD PVR I would'nt be so grumpy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder if this had something to do with Daylight Savings Time. The Globe said this morning that Bev had an issue or two yesterday because DST didn't end.

Nimiq 1

Then if you were watching a recording, an ongoing recording, why not hit the go Forward 30 seconds button, until the "tranny in a red dress" had left the screen. The same way most people move forward through the Commercials..?

unreal1080p

Of course I forwarded through it... what choice did I have...

I was forwarding through most of the game actually and I initially tought what I saw was a commercial break but when I noticed how long it was, I rewond to see what the heck had happened to the baseball game and why... and that's when I saw the change of channel and that part I did not like was right at the beggining of the sequence (unfortunately)... I had actually missed that part the first time around... oh well... you know what they say: curiousity killed the cat

majorscab

I saw this too last night. While it was both boring and annoying, I'm pretty sure that it didn't cause any harm to the nation's children. If they are anything like me they would have lost interest about 30 seconds into that artsy drivel and used the time to get a drink and stretch the legs a bit.
    Wait a minute! My neighbor's son is wearing a dress. You've really screwed us now Bell. Oh the humanity.
    While reading this thread I could only think that if I had a 30 min. buffer I probably would've hit the FF.

Soccer89

Suddenly I want to wear a red dress and put on lipstick!

In all seriousness, the feed on SNet from MLB International (Not Fox commentators) had very nice PQ and was a full second ahead of the Fox speed. (Looks like Fox was on 1 or 2 sec live delay)

I gotta say I really like the Snet feed

tvme

Why did BEV put Treasure HD feed on during the World Series? Why don't they ever interupt artsy crap with something good?

I_Want_My_HDTV

IMHO, any substitution of a US channel by a Canadian channel is a simsub. Chances are the mishap was caused by a faulty simsub attempt. After all, if the simsub switches didn't exist in the first place there would be no chance to flip the wrong switch.

This is not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. Bad simsubs due to changed schedules and human error are far too common. The only thing I don't understand is, why Treasure Channel?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information