Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    egoist
    I kind of like this premise - young shy boy on the outside, strong/skilled/competent on the inside.

I hope they plan on getting rid of that personality of his really soon. It's extremely annoying if overdone. And they're overdoing it.

That narrator is absolutely unnecessary, and annoying. Talk about a bad choice for narrating. I mean, out of hundreds, they had to pick her. Roles like that are usually handed out to a seiyu whose voice is, well, not grating to the ear, right? Another annoying thing was the narrator talking at the same time as the characters. What the...

But I've enjoyed it, regardless. Taiga II is not as Taigaish as I had expected, and that's a good thing. Anyone else also thinking that they're not just trying to reach out to Toradora's audience, but also to Railgun's?

That mad scientist felt completely out of place. Like a cyclist on a motorway.

This show has CR written all over it. I doubt it will be any better than your average anime.

GeminiDS85
    I just watched the first episode of this and Amagami SS, and let me put it this way, the generic characters of Okami-san are light years ahead of those in Amagami SS. As for a first impression of Okami-san, I wasn’t particularly thrilled with any one aspect of show, but it did manage to squeeze a few laughs out of me. I agree with Skylark that the narrator was enjoyable and I didn't think she came across as annoying. I’ve always been fond of mediums with characters that interact with the narrator, so the comedy that ensued from those interactions was for the most part pleasing.

When I first read about this show the initial appeal was the parodying of fairy tales and it made a decent first impression in that regard. The whole spoof of [spoiler]Cinderella was rather quirky and it succeeded in making me laugh a few times, particularly the ending scene with the girl kicking the “prince of tennis” with her lost shoe.[/spoiler]If the show doesn’t drift too far away from this concept then I will probably end up watching it till the end.

Mister V
    Mmmh... I could be in for the DFC tsundere. However, the male lead seriously annoys me, and the comedy falls flat ("he wasn't even complimenting her"? really?.. ha. ha. ha. that's not even true), and please someone shut the narrator up.
    Meh, I'm usually more or less patient. If the next couple of episodes prove to be bad, I'll quietly drop it. But at least this isn't Kaempfer.

tankerboy
    George Kaufman (famous comedic playwright) once said, "Satire is what closes on Saturday night." meaning it's usually not successful because few "get" it.

Of course the characters are stereotypes, they're supposed to be broad stereotypes, it's a satirical running gag. The brilliant part is they're all a bit skewed. The lead isn't just tsundere but instead she's a combination of Shana/Taiga and Hinagiku, the loli character is playing the part of the glasses girl, Morino is a typical "unlucky dude" except he has the skills, theoretically, of the Japanese equivalent of a Native American hunter from the 1800's and is the lead male.

I imagine that as time goes by the Ookami threads will break down into the same discussions as the Hayate ones had. Some will think it so stupid they'll feel compelled to post this opinion over and over again while others will think it's hilarious and ignore them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information