Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Mandy

Does tuna have mercury in it? Pregnant, help?

I'm about 7 weeks pregnant... and I want to know if I can eat tuna while I'm pregnant.. like people say it causes brain damage and shit for the baby, but then again some people tell me to eat as if I wasn't pregnant.. like everything I ate before I could eat.. besides like achohal and shit like that.

alwaysmoose
    It's wise to avoid large fish when you are pregnant. Especially shark.

krazy4_coke2
    yes you can eat tuna, about how much to eat you should only eat if you are hungry don't believe the old wives's tale about eating for 2 what you eat for your self in all you need to eat just a heads up near the end of your pregnancy you will need to eat more often an the portions your eat will have to be smaller so you will not get sick

Expecting A BabyGirl :)
    Tuna is OK during pregnancy...but my doctor advised me to keep it between 1-2 servings per week. I ate it during my first pregnancy & my son was born healthy & problem free. Good Luck with your pregnancy!

Mindy W
    It does have high mercury. The canned stuff anyway. You can buy yellowfin tuna steaks. They have lower mercury.

steph
    I would definitely not listen to the people that told you to eat as if you weren't pregnant... You should be eating healthier and definitely not having as much caffeine.

Anyway! I hear that it's fine to eat tuna (or any kind of fish) but only as long as you don't eat it everyday. More or less maybe once or twice a week.

brave new world
    Unfortunately tuna can have mercury in it. But then again what food has nothing at all bad in it these days.
    I think just don't eat it everyday.

*LOVELY*
    Yes! tuna has mercury and can cause birth defects. U can eat it maybe once every other week but watch the amount u eat. Also watch out for cat litter it causes birth defects as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information