Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    M.I.S.S.Y

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre *RE-MAKE* (SPOILERS)

I loved this remake! It was really well done, gory and scary. Jessica Biel was awesome!

QueenBitch

I saw the re-make last night, and lets just say I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater like I was going to.

I knew nothing about this all, which made it all the more interesting for me. Are you talking about Ed Gein? If so, he wasn;'t a serial killer, but I immediately thought of him while watching this and seeing all the body parts. Ed Gein would dig up graves and take parts, making skin lampsand such. Eww. If not, I have no idea who you're talking about, and want to know. I live in WI. Not cool.

I thought this movie was true? I mean parts.

Jessi did an amazing job. I didn't know who would end up being axed off first, and I know that there are no set rules for horror movies. Not anymore, everyone breaks them. From the beginnning I had goosebumps, and was screaming half the time. My face matched the actors, I felt their fear. I started laughing, just to try and calm myself. So when Jessi about laughed at the girl, maybe she was trying not to panic in the role of Erin.

When the ring fell out of Kemper's pocket... That was sad.

I liked Erin, also the little boy. For some reason.

migamoo

i didn't really like it at all. i know a lot of people actually who didn't like it.

~*RaineDayz*~

I loved the remake a whole lot better then the original. Only one part I didn

+*~*+SASHA+*~*+

Okay.....

I have several comments, I didn't see a thread for this movie, which I am sure it was discussed in October of last year, but anyways...

I feel like an idiot, I grew up thinking Leatherface, was an actual person who killed people with a cahinsaw.. I never realized it was a character semi created from a real serial killer in wisconsin, who did hang people on hooks and make skin covers for his face with flesh, but seriously I can't believe that there was no Texas Massacre, a survivor who told the story or a Chainsaw Killer, but It is still spooky, but Leatherface, has always been the number one Villan that terrified me. I hate the woods and old houses, cause they always made me think of Leatherface.

I rewatched the Original & The Remake tonight.

I loved the remake, it litterally made all those childhood fears I had come crashing back to me. they are the same movie, but different in so many ways, the way remakes are suppost to be. I think both are terrific, I think the casting was great in the remake, I was skepticle of Jessica Biel, but man her acting sent chills down my spine, as well as Erica's screaming.

And OH MY GOD the beginning, 10 minutes into, the girl, that blew her brains out, the camera range, I litterally got sick to my stomach. I also have to comment, that in all my years of watching and loving Horror movies, that this one made me scream out loud, something I have never done before.

so I am curious as to what everyone else thought.

Is it Better? Is it awful? Is it just as good? Did you scream or jump? And are you afraid of leatherface [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited +*~*+SASHA+*~*+ ]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information