Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Question to multiple bikes owners

Hi all,

Here's the catch: I currently own a 08 R6 which I truly love. I'm getting me a 1198 in the next weeks but not sure if I should keep the R6 as I can stretch my budget a lil bit and keep both bikes.

90% of the time I ride on the streets and I often do 300-400+ miles rides, so I was planning to use the R6 as a commuter and long distance trips (better ergo and gas mileage), and use the Duc at "local" twisties/medium distance trips. What do you guys think? is it worth it? Please let me know your experience and other benefits you guys found in having more then one bike in the garage

Thanks in advance,

Andorra.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you can never have too many bikes. I've got 2 and getting a 3rd very soon.
    If you do lots of long trips and want something more comfortable, you could sell the r6 and get a tourer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Gixxer 600. Had it when I got the Duc. Haven't ridden it since. The Duc does commuter, touring and spirited riding duty.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

same as above. i have an 06 636 and have hardly ridden it since i got my 1098. i will never sell it, and am in the process of teaching my wife to ride so it will be hers. but to answer your question, i dont think you will be ridding your R6 too often once you get the 1198.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you can swing it keep both. I love my duc, but miss having an inline 4. One of each is a perfect set up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

check out my garage, 1098r,748r,1098s tri and a husky smr510

what a fuckin waste of money, only 1 of them gets ridden, the other 3 have flat batteries and the rego has run out

once you get the 1198 you'll think the r6 is the biggest piece of shit on earth

i reckon one sportsbike and one tourer is the way to go, maybe a hyper or multi to compliment your 1198

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i ride and switch bikes each week. get a trickle charger/battery tender if you plan on having multiple bikes. it does get a bit expensive maintenance, registration, upgrades etc....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Had a CBR1000RR ('06) then got the 1098S. Never rode the CBR again so I sold it. I too like street/mountain riding and do multi day tours. The Ducati will tour but you need to adjust to it and its a pain stopping every 100 miles or so. Bought a Goldwing for my touring/long distance rides. Other bikes around like the R1200GS, KTM etc which can do almost everything.
    You will know if its time to sell your R6 and get another bike to compliment the 1098. Nice dilemma.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have an 09 848, 09 696, an 07 F800st and a Ninja 500. I also have a four bank battery charger that tends to them all. Keep the bike. You never know if one will have down days due to ANYTHING. Also it can be a learner bike for your friends/family. If its money problems then sell it. I wish i still had my original ninja 250, so i can't imagine ever selling another bike unless finances force the issue!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've only been a multiple bike owner for 5 days now, but I would say keep them both if you can....variety is always good. I've hardly touched my 1098 since I got my MV last week, but I reckon this will change once the newness wears off. The MV is too demanding and uncomfortable to use as an everyday bike....I imagine the Duc will get the bulk of the riding this summer, with the MV for the occasional jaunt around the lake.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information