Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait to buy a 2011?

So I was hit in March by a DD on my 07 R1. I am finally going to go back to work on the 7th. yay!

Since I am slowly but surely getting closer to buying a new bike and am leaning toward a Ducati. I would really love a used 1098S or a new 1198S. Dark.
    But should I wait and see what's coming for 2011?

Any major differences, has anyone heard? I'm sure you guys know!

Thank you so much!!!

kim

bonesobsessed212

Wait to buy a 2011?

Hi, I don't think they'll come out with anything interesting until 2012, so I've heard, as far as dark you might have to stick with the 848 since 1098's and now the 1198 don't have that color scheme.
    Keep in mind that 1198 even more than 1098 get really hot, other than that, welcome to the forum!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait to buy a 2011?

Do what I did and wait til the 2011's come out and you should get a decent deal on a new 10 model. I'm iffy on any used bike unless I know the previous owner and how they ride, buddy of mine bought a used bike and fork seals gave out while in a corner so needless to say, dumped it and could have been killed. Ultimately, up to you but with bikes, i always go new. Good luck on your decision though

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait to buy a 2011?

yea, I'm really liking the 1198S, and I've always bought new, so it would be hard buying a used bike.

When do the new bikes come out? Sept?

Thanks again!

Wait to buy a 2011?

Not exactly certain when the 2011's come out but I bought my '08 10s in March of '09 and picked mine up for 17,900. It also helped that the 1198 came out and mine was considered "outdated". I personally really like the white 11s, that bike is just so wicked lookin'

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait to buy a 2011?

Another thing to keep in mind is the current incentive(s). I just got an email from Ducati in the past day or so about some financing offer or $1500 to spend on Ducati accesories for buyers over the summer. There was (may still be) a promo for some trackday goodies like tire warmers, canopy, trackday, etc. that started this March. To be precise, it started about ONE WEEK after I bought my new '10 848. Yes, yes, there is a premature joke in there somewhere. Tell it to my ex-GFs.

No matter when you buy, there will always be a next year coming up. The real question is do you want to lose another year of your presumably finite life waiting for something that may or may not be marginally better, and almost certainly will be more expensive even if unchanged.

Oh, and I almost forgot to say glad you are back after being hit and able to consider another motorbike. I've been hit by a sober driver, and it took me a while to get rid of the edgy feeling afterwards. That, along with another incident where someone unexpectedly presented me with a life or death situation solidified my tendency to move forward with those things that are important to me and require a certain measure of physical ability. But that is just me, I suppose.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait to buy a 2011?

There is a guy on this forum who bought an '09 1198 S and couldn't handle it. I think it has about 60 miles on it. He's from So. Cal. and he had mentioned that he was willing to take a hit on it.

Welcome to the forum!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait to buy a 2011?

Not too long ago, Ducati Singapore opened a new showroom here, an event that I was asked to MC.

You cannot imagine how excited we were when Claudio Domenicali showed up to grace the event - I was like a giggly girl.

Anyway, a few buddies quizzed him about what's in store for the Ducati Superbike and what he said is that the Ducati Superbike will remain a Desmo V-Twin for the foreseeable future, despite our coffee shop engineering conferences pointing towards a Desmo 90 degree V4 like the Desmosedici, which would give more top end power which is what they seem to be lacking.

His tongue in cheek answer to further probing questions was "you are azkeeing tooo much, i cannot reveeeeal anymoire..."

Just a few days ago, an article by Alan Cathcart (big time bike journo) revealed that the 2011 Ducati superbike will be an oversquare V-Twin.

They are shortening the stroke further (they had a name for it which was italian) to raise rpms, may be rotating the engine backwards to make more room for a longer swingarm and maybe using the engine as a fully stressed member, which will result in a bike with 2 trellises like the Desmosedici, with no trellis connection between the front and rear!

I am not expecting all of this to be true, but it does make sense, although this may (looking at Ducati's historical marketing scheme) be applied only to next year's "R", then trickle down to "S" and "base" models the following years.

Alan has a big reputation and would not write nonsense.

I think we can expect a revolution in 2012 if not 2011.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait to buy a 2011?

First post http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25001&highlight=amcn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information