Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    cloud9ineteen

1996 Toyota Camry gone crazy - won't start - honks like crazy - pls help.?

Today morning, I tried to start it, and i heard some clicks - felt like the starter or something failed and shorted out. The stereo kept turning off and on like a circuit breaker was acting up. Then when i tried to start it, it would not even click. Suddenly, the car started honking like alarms, and I don't even have keyless entry so had no idea what was happening. Then I got out and tried to rip the horn fuse out and while I was trying this, the honking stopped. Then when I opened the door again, it started honking again like crazy. I got scared and had my friend drop me to work. What could be wrong. If I set off some kind of alarm, how do I disable it?

buttersgonewild
    it sounds haunted!! is there a sticker on the window indicating an alarm system? check the wiring since it could be a short in the system or the battery is bad. have a mechanic check it out.

ichyedad
    Sounds crazy, but it could be the battery. That would probably be the cheapest fix. Have it checked out before you start spending a lot of money on wiring harnesses, etc.

unplugged-Pro-Peace
    first replace your battery. if you try to start and hear clicks, that means your battery is dead. this is because your battery doesn't have enough power to turn the starter enough to start the engine.

lol but the honking...that's so weird!!! i don't know what it is, just replace your battery and see if it still honks

kyle.keyes
    Sounds like you have a wiring harness problem.
    Take off your battery cables, pronto.
    Next step, get a garage estimate to identify
    and fix the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information