but comfortable with air con? Ok, I moved out of the family home, and all i could afford was this crappy student housing accomodation in a nice area - South Yarra.

I am paying over $200 a week for a TINY bedroom, desk and 'hallway' area which is supposed to be i guess the lounge, and the fumy smell in the place and hallways as it is new - there are all these fumes and no air conditioning, so Ive been feeling faint and almost passed out when i was shopping the other day from living in this tiny place.

I have another option... this student hotel in a lesser area, which the rooms are open plan so feel more spacious and theres air con... a big plus for me as i cannot get overheated as i am on medication and its just not good, and the rooms have a large screen tv with a couple of foxtel channels, only everyone tells me that i should stay in south yarra coz its such a nice area blah blah, but seeing as i am paying most of my income on rent, i cant afford to enjoy the area anyway.

So what is the right decision?
Live in south yarra with no air con, tiny tv, tiny place which i feel faint living in
or
Live in lesser area with air con, large tv, smaller open plan room and hotel facilities like pool, gym etc?

what is better?

x
Thanks!