Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

default ventrilo lounge?

i currently rented my own ventrilo server and i'm trying to figure out how to change the default room that everyone (guests) get put into upon connecting to my ventrilo server, but i can't seem to figure it out or find a guide on it. any detailed help would be appreciated.

Nolan J

Re: default ventrilo lounge?

Hi Ryan, I admin a Vent server for my clan, so maybe I can help you out.

If I understand you correctly, you want to change a user's default channel, right?

This can be done either when creating a user account or via the User Editor afterwards.

While creating or editing the account, go to the Network tab. Down at the bottom, you'll see a box labeled "Default Channel"; if you click on the box next to the input field, it will give you a list of all the channels you have created in your server. Select the one that you want your user to go to when he enters the server and your good to go. My default channel is my work room, so I can bypass the lobby and get straight to whatever needs to be done.

Please note that each individual user can also set his or her default channel by going into clicking on "server" and manually typing in the name of the room he wants for a default channel, as long as the room is not password protected. If it is, he will have to be given rights to access that channel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information