Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    April S
    10-24-7 : It is the combination to your brain. Review new material frequently- 10 minutes after learning it (after class or right after school), 24 hours later go over it again, and then 7 days later give it another quick review. It sounds like a lot of work but it doesn't take long to give it a quick look over, and if you review in this way, the info will be locked in your brain. It's a lot easier than cramming the night before an exam!

Also when you study, or read from a textbook, make jot notes or use a highlighter to keep focused on the main points.

Teach someone else what you have learned- putting it into your own words to explain it to someone else is a surefire way to ensure that you understand a concept.

Caitlin
    I have a reading comprehension problem so when studying for a written exam I have to read things over and over and over but I found a way to help and get it to stick
    Rewrite my notes, read them aloud into a tape recorder, play the tape recorder back while reading your notes, then read your notes again,
    you can simplify that by just rewriting your notes, reading them aloud once or twice (and don't forget slowly--never rush) and then to yourself

Μετανάστης
    study when you are fresh not before going to bed

Tara
    Drink some Amp

Bea
    When I have to study for an interview, I will review the possible questions right before the interview and drink something with caffeine in it, like coffee or soda.
    This really works.

Brandon Robert
    personally i dont really study, i just try to focus in on the classes themselves, i get into the discussions and ask questions, then before tests i read over my notes.

heres my quote: "Don't Stress, Just Guess."

because normally if you stress on a question too much, youll get frustrated, your first idea, is usually your best bet.

cheerios
    Read books. Not comic books or fiction stories, but mythology, nonfiction, literature. It helps!

John S
    Actually yes. Humans tend to remember the first and last of everything better than anything else. So study in short bursts. Study for like ten or fifteen minutes and then stop for five. Then start again. The short burst system is actually pretty famous and I got it from this lame video my school made me watch on improving study tips.

whoareyou2416
    Study naked! it works no joke.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information