Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitchfork

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

I really like that Jet review with the monkey peeing. I thought it was funny and pretty accurate when I first saw it forever ago and I still think that.

Anyway, the animosity pitchfork has been getting has become way more annoying then hipsters who model their taste after pitchfork's ratings and lists. The site's my homepage, because like Marijan said, it talks about the music I like. I don't really take their reviews that seriously though, considering I'm a huge Saddle Creek/Team Love fan and any artists related to those labels typically is larabasted in their reviews for whatever fickle reason they can use to justify their bias. I do think they're a good source of music news though and on what's being released. I don't know why the site is such a big deal to people, regardless of which extreme you choose to take on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

That as well.

Let's keep in mind that, while commercially Pitchfork may be the 'Rolling Stone' of indie, they still do praise alot of great banRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

Exactly, I mean, they're barely even doing anything original within the niche. Far as I'm concerned, "derivative tripe" was an understatement. Hell, I'd rather go round my dad's and listen to America.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

Surely you dont mean that (GASP!)

I mean come on, Im not even a rap fan but College Dropout and Late Registration are some of hip hops best albums. Thats what made him popular enough to put crap like 808 Heartbreak out and have people still buy it. Then claim it was good!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

Yes, I agree with Brad, above. There is so much anti-Pitchfork sentiment at almost every music site on the web, much of which amounts to fans of certain indie banRAB who feel that these banRAB have been unfairly maligned or ignored by the indie music media, the most prominent manifestation of which is Pitchfork, in favour of what they feel are "over-hyped" indie banRAB. Curiously, though, one gets the impression that if these other banRAB were to be "over-hyped" by Pitchfork, they would suddenly become unfashionable with the anti-Pitchfork crowd simply because they had attained this form of prominence. Since Pitchfork is deemed to be "faux-anti-mainstream", the TRULY cool kiRAB, in order to maintain their level of anti-Pitchfork cool, have to like what the "douches" at Pitchfork don't like or ignore. So this whole issue enRAB up revolving around "peer pressure to rebel against the opinions at Pitchfork", despite claims that the "douches" at Pitchfork are in fact the ones who try to impose a sense of "anti-mainstream cool" on the music-loving populace. Crowd mentality.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

Yup. I've never seen a reviewer who talked so much about himself in his reviews.

LOL. What? No. I'm sorry but no. He's a terrible writer who spenRAB way too much time coming up with little stories about himself and not enough time actually, you know, reviewing the albums he's supposed to be writing about. Then of course there's the fact he only seems to offer one of two opinions about the music he reviews: it's either a flawless instant classic or it's the worst piece of garbage ever recorded. No middle ground, no nuance whatsoever. I normally don't have particularly strong feelings about reviewers but DiCrescenzo is awful.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

link to Pitchfork's list? i want to see for myself.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

I had no Idea it was overhyped...I thought it was ok but not great.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pitchfork

Yer yellow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information