Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 250 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2495

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread post here

need some good drum n bass recommendations...what I have thus far...and correct me if I am wrong if one of these artists wouldn't fall underneath drum n bass. Chemical Brothers, Spor, Hive, Pendulum, The Bloody Beetroots, Deadmau5, Massive Attack (pretty sure theyre not DnB), and 65 Days of Static..thanks in advance!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread post here

I've listened to various sub-genres of metal almost exclusively (99% or more) for the past 15 or 16 months. Every time I get something that isn't metal it doesn't last in my library for a long enough time to be significant and I never miss it.

I'm looking for people who are well versed in genres that aren't metal to introduce me to (or, preferably, throw me into the deep end of) those genres so that I can expand my currently narrow tastes in music.

I like unconventional song structures (ie. not verse, chorus, verse, etc.), talented instrumentalists and vocalists (including range, vibrato, note holding, emotion, harsh vocals [though harsh vocals not at all necessary]) that don't abuse their talent to the point of excess, and variation in styles between albums (between songs in albums too, but not quite as much; I'd like a bit of consistency).

The only definitive requirements I have are:
    No autotune. I can tell when autotune is used and I don't like it.
    Material must be released in the format of albums, for sheer ease of access.
    I must be able to hear the instruments being played. The production can be of low quality, but as long as I can hear the notes being played at least a little bit I'm fine (for example, the production of early Burzum is just fine). I also don't want clipping, because that's just annoying.

A few of my favourites in metal:
    Devin Townsend and all his various side projects
    Pain of Salvation
    Cormorant
    Death
    Lykathea Aflame
    Anaal Nathrakh
    Manowar
    Burzum
    In Mourning

The

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, I'm making a movie on Act 5 Scene 2 of Othello for a school project

Can you recommend me anything along these lines
    (Its a modern adaption btw with lots of changes)
    Othello kills his wife (Something suspenseful at first)
    He finRAB out he's been deceived
    The traitor escapes
    Shootout at an abandoned warehouse
    Long chase scene
    Othello kills the traitor

I'd prefer instrumental but its whatever you think
    Thanks in advance

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

First, I consider myself a casual listener, I'm not familiar with many artists. I have been scouring the internet lately looking for this kind of techno song. Basically, they either remix an already made opera song, or they just put opera to the techno (I dunno how). Here's several examples I've come up with:

Diva Dance (Fifth Element)
    Emma Shapplin - Spente Le Stelle Yomanda Remix
    Mai Hime Ensei ==> "Remixed" ==> Mai Hime Mezame
    Phantom of the Opera Remix

All of these can be found on youtube if you haven't heard them before.

================================================== =========

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out, I've become somewhat addicted to this type of music; it's hard to find anything like it.

Perhaps there's an actual genre and I'm just searching with the wrong keyworRAB, for example "symphonic metal" took me a while to find. I would like to think it would be called "techno opera" but I can't find any songs related to it. I found "trance opera" but it's not what I'm looking for. It's just missing something without the voice.

Thanks for your time.
    M0J0

EDIT: sry for wrong section

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

But I want an album tonight, it's 1 AM so it would be abit odd to just go out to get a Beatles album. I just want something I can download and listen to.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just get her 69 Love Songs by The Magnetic FielRAB. I really don't think you can go wrong there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not exactly underground screamo, but you might like United Nations if you haven't already heard them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking to listen to some Yes and Spoon. Favorite albums?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wouldn't mind finding some Sonic Youth, never really listened to them though. Dunno if they're any good or shite, would like to find out.

What has been their best work?

Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I put together an album of my favorite nin instrumentals and i think it would be 10 times better than a greatest hits album of all nin biggest hits.They all sound like sea voyage instrumentals and was wondering if any could give recomendations to any similiar stuff?I also liked ghosts by nin and would like to know of any similiar to it also?

Currently im trying out (coil:loves secret domain),(current 93:all the pretty little horses), & (Einsturzende Neubauten: The Jewels).

Here's a track listing of nin instrumental compilation i made:
    1-A Warm Place 10-Complication
    2-Eraser 11-Underneath It All
    3-The Downward Spiral 12-Ripe (With Decay)
    4-Just Like You Imagined 13-The Great Collapse
    5-Pilgrimage 14-The Frail
    6-La Mer 15-Another Version of the Truth
    7-The Great Below 16-Corona Radiata
    8-The Way Out Is Through 17-The Four of Us Are Dying
    9-The Mark Has Been Made 18-Demon Seed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information