Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Nickleback

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

Halfway serious, yes.
    Having an opinion of a band is one thing, constantly trolling it through a thread is another.

And Metallica's first three albums alone were enough to own your soul, RezZ.
    I like how I post something about Nickelback and you ignore the topic and go off on something completely different. :laughing:

EDIT: Here's what I really think.
    I think that, just like Hot Topic kiRAB have a trend of buying Nirvana t-shirts when they don't even listen to the band, that society has a trend of automatically either loving or hating mainstream music.
    Oh, and if they hate whoever makes it mainstream, they go on about how much the band sucks and has no talent at all.
    Yet, I bet most of those critics can't even play two notes on a frying pan with a wooden spoon.

Just my opinion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

I also did not accuse YOU of saying they had no talent.
    I was just making a general assessment of most musical critiques.

As for most of these people being musicians, good for you.
    Let me hear the music that you think is worth more than their catalouge.

It doesn't matter what band it is, a handful of people are going to start "OMZ I LOVES THEM" threaRAB, and the other half will start "THEY FUXIN SUCK MAN" threaRAB. Doesn't change the fact that there is a different between stating your opinion, and being a downright ****.

And dac, I could probably say something like "I played in a Metallica cover band for two years" right now, but I'll keep my comments to myself.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

I don't mind some of their songs. :

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

You don't get the point do you? Do you read the news? Do you know whats going on with the music industry? Obviously ****ing not or you would get the point I was making.

Do us all a favor and read some articles on what Mettalica has done regarding media rights. Then come back here and maybe, just maybe, you will understand that what I said has nothing to do with what your feverishly arguing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

I could be.....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

I feel sorry for you mate, did you cure it when you got in with a bit of Neil Young?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

Yeah actually Mr. Dave makes a great point.

To be honest I'm not sure why Nickleback takes the heat it does. Everybody knows that they're whole genre is ****e, Nickleback is no worse than Puddle of Mudd or Blue October or whatever the teenagers are into these days.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

I have to say I'm not sure I'd even recognize one of their songs if I heard it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

Blue October aren't entirely shyte though.
    The two albums I have are fairly solid.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

i've actually tried to get to the bottom of that 2nd comment before. it's not like the band set out to be anything besides the biggest arena rockers they could. their goal was to write hits and be famous, it's not like they were pulling a creed / scott stapp by making claims they were greater than led zeppelin and that they would make the world forget about the doors with their new album.

ultimately what came out through that old discussion is that rock music is about youth rebellion. not being famous or getting the mainstream to recognize something 'better', but about creating a soundtrack for a generation of kiRAB that makes their older siblings and parents turn up their noses and wonder WTF are you listening to.

nickelback does nothing to accomplish this, but does everything to keep those older generations happy by fusing the most generic parts of led zeppelin and pearl jam into a easily digested package for those people who still think alternative' is an underground style. it also makes it easy to get radio play when you're pandering a proven product, ESPECIALLY with the way cancon laws work.

they're basically betraying the core essence of rock music. which isn't about entertaining you forever, but about entertaining today's kiRAB instead. to provide them with a unique soundtrack to their adolescence while they establish their own unique cultural and generational identity. some banRAB will grow old with their fans (i'm looking at you PJ) while others will try re-inventing themselves to appeal to yet another generation of kiRAB (RHCP anyone?).

although that whole thing has taken a really odd twist in the last 10 years since the net took over as the medium of choice for hearing new music. hell i remeraber right around the 1999/2000 mark, kiRAB were thinking that it was 'cool' to be a corporate sellout, then again how else would you fully rebel against a generation of DIY individualists?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information