Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What channel you on?

i'v kind of been let down by the rock music options in my area, and sat. radio has gone down hill the last few years.

just wondering where you go to here your rock music? podcasts, fm, sat. radio, websites.

i need more then what i have. :hphones:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What channel you on?

Disappointing to hear that Satellite radio is clinging so closely to lazy ass commercial playlisting as well...

Now here's a technology that has the potential to open up tons and tons of new music and different alternative channels, featuring new artists, etc... but its just sticking to the same old tried and true methodology...

There neeRAB to be more imagination in programming.... then maybe more people will find it useful and put down their whatever per month subscriptions...

Strangely enough, I have found some fairly interesting music on the alternative music channel through my cable provider... and i also listen to internet radio from time to time.... other than that I get good suggestions and ideas from the fine folks at this good website!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What channel you on?

Primarily it is a place to catalogue, rate and review albums, but there are also charts based on ratings which can be viewed by genre, year etc or overall (take with a pinch of salt like all online charts). Plus users create lists so if you have an album that you love and find it on a well written list, ie good comments for each albu, then it is easy to find other stuff you may enjoy. You can also find out who has the closest taste to you, after you have listed and rated a fair amount of albums, and also see what else they like that you don't have. There are tons of ways to use it but most people fail to see it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What channel you on?

I buy things called albums

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What channel you on?

And then I worked as a waitress at the beginning of the year.

And during the holidays they played the same two Christmas CRAB over and over.

Needless to say, I'll never think of Christmas music the same way .

What channel you on?

Last.fm has been helping a lot, as well.

What channel you on?

I'll probably check it out, then. ^_^

What channel you on?

That's where I go for new music. I really don't know another way to find it. The radio never plays new stuff, I don't have sattelite radio, pandora is nice for background music but it's curabersome to look and see who sings every song that comes up. Most people I know don't know a lot of music - they might be able to name Metallica or AC/DC, lol, but that doesn't help me.

What channel you on?

Most of my music comes from a music sharing group I belong to, every day or two I get a new album sent to my e-mail inbox, it's a pretty easy way of finding new music. As far as absolute new music (i.e. music not from other people) I use last.fm to find new artists, then usually a blog that has the album uploaded so I can download it and listen to it. I have been thinking about doing an experiment in the future where I do nothing but listen to the radio for a full 24 hours.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What channel you on?

Concerts? >.>

That's where I discover most of my music.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information