Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Theater--Greatest Metal Band of this Era

Your totally right, I think you nail it with this comment. Its such a free genre & open to any new ideas that any artist may have & there are people out there like you & me who will actually revel in it and want to listen to it.
    Like I said before Avant Garde along with Jazz are the two most exciting genres for me- I'm still rooted in Rock & still actively seek & listen to all the usual rock stuff (& the unusual stuff as well)....

Thats right, so initially you have to possess the talent to be able to play the instrument & compose music properly in the first place; and thats before we get to what kind of music it is, what its about, whether people say its **** or not. Just shows you how hard some musicians must work only to be put down at the end (some deservedly so though..).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

haha gotcha.

Okay, well I have to get up in less than 6 hours for a test.

Have a nice night/day all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your best song for them? Did you wrtie it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Umm, it's who I am? I thought it'd be a laugh to satire boo boo's false sense of worth.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dude, chill out... Your just jealous... Dream Theater has done things to Music that had never been attempted, and you hate the fact that a band with such unbelievable musical talent... Happens to have a goofy sounding Vocalist.. That can't take away the fact that the Drummer has been Indicted in the Hall of Fame, and the keyboardist went to Berkley School for Music at age 9.

Just grow up and give these guys the recognition and respect they deserve.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im not, because that never f*cking happened... If you are who you say you are, you would try to learn and respect others views, second you need to stop pretending like you're the grammar king when you have been known to misspell worRAB and overuse obnoxious abbreviations like rofl and lol.

Sure they can, otherwise you're saying any durab redneck has as valid a opinion as one of americas founding fathers or someone who has won the nobel peace prize.

Bull****, you go on about how you are smarter and more educated than everyone on music banter all the time, the fact that you brag about it so much is why no one believes you.

Sure it does.

Coming from the guy who says LaBrie has a 4 octave range and said my figures on Mercury, Buckleys and Tates octave ranges were wrong without even trying to explain why or prove me wrong.

The fact is, you never ever try to back up your statements, or explain why Rudess is the most skilled keyboardist or why Petrucci is the best guitarist in rock, you just say "im educated" and label it as making your opinion valid, you dont make examples or points, you just spew whatever crap you make up in your head.

If you are a music grad, you havent proved it, and you can say its not worth it trying to prove to me, but dont worry about me, how about everyone else here?... Because they all think you're a moron and a liar, you keep boasting about how ****ing much you know about theory, then try proving it, instead of just saying **** without backing it up.

So you havent done that many reviews?

And i thought you hated prog.

Too bad you never proved it, and your idiotic statements make it appear that you are indeed lying.

:rofl:

Hypocrite.

First thing you did when you came to this site was jump to conclusions about me, simply because i said i consider TMV progressive and not DT, you decided that was good enough reason to say i know nothing about music and that you know more about something that i actualy give a **** about...Which is progressive rock.

You call me smug, and you have some of the most self gratifying comments i have ever seen, often times in the same sentences when you call me egotistical. :laughing:

I dont know everything about prog, i think you mistook that for something YOU said.

I love how you do things, whenever someone pwns you in a arguement, you just say some smartass remark to make it seem like you are winning.

Like if i actually factually proved you wrong at something, which i have done more times than i can f*cking count, you will say in a half assed sort of way, something like....

"You're soooooooo durab"

"rofllololol"

"Your mommy dropped you on your head as a baby?... How sad, lol"

"You woose"

"WRONG"

"I know you are joking, lol"

"Whos the music grad here?... lol"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A point I never argued. But I'm of the belief that better musicans do know their theory.

I've heard them but don't own PaaE. Those examples don't beat Rudess' solos in "Blind Faith" or "Acid Rain." Karn Evil 9 isn't all that impressive, not a good example there.

I don't get this, you made a point about talking to musicians...I'm a musician. I don't need to talk to them (but I do anyway).

Unsigned ones like Dillon's Route, Midnight Swim, Relliger, etc. I don't despise prog, and I used to love it but I moved on and find artists like Genesis and Jethro Tull to be lame.

I've seen DVD's (backstage) displaying it as well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

They are my all time favorite band!!! Yay they all rock and my bro met John Petrucci... So jealous... I love the Dark Eternal Night and the album Scenes from a Memory changed my views on a lot of things

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Theater is the BEST band out there. Got into them recently and nothing can even touch these guys. Singer is awesome, bassist is awesome, guitarist is awesome, keyboardist is awesome, and drummer is...yet again, awesome! Their music plays on a variety of things. They use a variety of styles and integrate metal into every one of them. Their lyrics are more than great (songs like Disappear are just brilliant) and they do sing and play with emotion. Just look at the song Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence! Especially when they get into Goodnight Kiss it makes me cry every time. The Spirit Carries On is no less. They are five music GORAB that clearly know what the hell they are doing. I don't understand those who hate them, and there are a lot that do. Why can't people appreciate this god-given band that came from heaven itself? It is incomprehensible to me!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's basically my philosophy.

I've come to realise I'll never have enough time to become really good at any instrument, especially when you consider that it can gobble up as much time as you can put into it. But I think I can still write music to satisfy myself.

You don't need to play an instrument to compose.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information