Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Dillinger Escape Plan

That new song is fuckin' tits! Now I can't wait for the new album.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know why everybody seems to think that their earlier albums are more technical, the chaotic songs on Ire Works beat the hell out of their older material for me. Maybe the focus was less on being technical for the sake of being technical, but the songs felt more chaotic then ever before and the parts that were technical were some of the most insane stuff the band ever played.

I do like Gil Sharon's drumming much better though, it feels much more loose and jazzy, less controlled. But I think a good portion of this has to do with the band's shift in songwriting style. I might have to double check this, but I'm pretty sure Chris Pennie wrote the drum parts for most of the songs. I think Gil wrote Horse Hunter, Mouth of Ghosts, and Dead as History, I may be wrong though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greg's vocal styles are definitely similar to Mike's. Miss Machine is what I'd recommend listening to. It's a much stronger album than Ire Works, and imo presents what Dillinger does from Calculating in a catchier more accessable format. I do prefer Irony and calculating personally, but I can't say I'm not a fan of anything DEP has done.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know if I like it or not. I really want to but man....it's too poppy for being the DEP i remeraber from calculating infinity. Usually I'm all about banRAB progressing in sound but mehhhh

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i should hate this band.

they went from something really interesting to a Mike Patton-worshipping fellatory group with little to separate themselves from the next math rock band except a name indebted to alt rock. even worse, they finally get a new singer and he's a carbon copy of the ex-FNM frontman. what's to like about them?

well, for starters, three amazing recorRAB in ten years. the chaotic nature of the material somehow works, and Ire Works may be one of my favorite recorRAB. absolutely superb band capable of crafting immense songwriting structures and juggling insane polyrhythms. they don't adhere to any specific genre and quite often work around all pre-conceived notions of what conventional songwriting should be.

i should hate this band, but i can't. they're too good.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Caught my eye due to Chris Penny. I never got into them as much as I would have liked, but that is probably laziness on my part to go buy another CD.
    I'm thinking about getting way into them again.
    One thing i really liked was how KA their videos were. Some banRAB have good songs, but awful viRAB. not the case =D

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't mean in the sense of you telling us about his music. I'm very much familiar with his work. I mean elaborating on why you think he's so awesome. Ah, you know, forget it. Who am I to ask anyone to explain themselves? Go crazy with it.

It's intended for radio play. We got the album at our radio station 2 weeks ago with a flyer that said that Black Bubblegum is meant for CMJ Top 200. It's supposed to be ironic, hence the title. The rest of the album is awesome though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

meh -shrug- their decent.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miss Machine is still my favourite... but I've got high hopes for the new album.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information