Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

Well as already stated, they are for more melodic then other nu-metal banRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

They are being bashed for the same reason Green Day are, they attempted to try something out of their conventional formula, they have become more popular then ever even though their less popular stuff was a billion times better and now people are accusing them of selling out.

Though SOARAB new stuff is better than Green Days, not saying too much.

I love old SOAD.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

Wild7Dustr, you give SOAD fans a bad name.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

If they didnt change then everyone would complain that they were boring and should try something new. They change, and everyone complains they've gone commercial. Ye cant win!

I like their new stuff, its still good music, and still as interesting, shall we put it... I just think their songs should be longer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

They have an original sound. As do Static-X They are both original then, I just prefer one to the other.
    If you hear them on the radio, you can tell who it is by the first few bars. Because they are more pop However, you can still recognize them, and many of their songs have an eastern twist to it, which I really enjoy.
    Vocally, they are somewhat talented. Until Daron decided to start singing I like their harmony. Neither of them are AMAZINGLY talented, but they compliment each other nicely...in a sorta dissonant way. It just sounRAB good.
    The range is nice. Personally, I like the softer songs. Toxicity was good, Mesmerize was good, Hypnotize is okay.
    They are good live, unlike some crappy banRAB that do good in the studio then get on a stage and bang on the front of the guitar hoping to make some good noise. Daron ****s up so much live LOL I've seen them on a live broadcast on television and they sounded okay. And it looks like it'd be a great live show, if not for the techinical aspect, the entertainment aspect. Dresden Dolls aren't incredibly talented, but its the best show I've ever been to because it was thoroughly entertaining.
    Yeah, it maybe simple riRAB, but not everyone can play the guitar amazingly.Simple repeatitive riRAB that you will hear in different varieations through out an album Yes, but like I said, it IS simple, but not everyone is hendrix.
    They are pollitically charged, I respect them for that. Static-X talk about social discrepencies (spelling?), and there are plenty of banRAB that are politically charged. SOAD only discusses propaganda which they use themselves. They also jumped on the bush bashing bandwagon. I still repect them for speaking out at all. And BYOB took some balls.

And seriously, just because a majority of the senior merabers dont like this band doesnt mean its ****ty music.It could be a sign I'm tired of that crap.Then don't like stupid music or make blanketed statements Dont call my choice in music stupid. Music is about emotion, about entertainment, its all personal. Yes, one can question the technical aspects of a band, but to most(the musically uneducated) its about the sound, they dont care about song keys or how complicated the riRAB are ,and thats all.

Happy?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

agreed my learned friend, i downloaded both today and yesterday and i would have to say that hypnotize isn't even close to mezmerise.......oh well, mezmerise is good enough for me, amazing album.....
    Edit: who ever said vicinity of obscenity is a good song, it's arguably the worst song on the album....it's a complete joke....i've listened to the entire album and quite franky, i haven't heard a single song that grabbed me as being excellent ( maybe lonely day ), which is surprising seeing as how the entire mezmerise album is excellent....i think i definetly won't be buying this one....mezmerise yes, this one no....and quite franky, i'm starting to get a bit annoyed that that second guy is getting more and more lead vocals, serj has a fantastic voice.....is that other dude writing the songs or summat? so he dictates who sings it? that would be a bit dissapointing, if serj was just the singer.....

System of a Down

Are you talking about Mezmerize/Hypnotize ?! Cause those two albums (more of a single double-album) were perfect. A big jump up since Steal this album! that is, in my opinion, their weakest.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

^^:laughing: Lol!

Anyways back to the topic, I love SOAD always have as a matter of fact I never really minded Daron's singing, but Serj's is MUCH MUCH better, I'm not gunna start an arguement today because I just woke up so I'll just state my opinion of them.

Creative, interesting good musicians

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

YES YES YES System Rocks, I love their new album...Old songs...
    1. Suite Pee
    2. Ozzy cover-Snowblind
    3. Deer Dance
    4. Pogo
    New Songs
    1. Cigaro
    2. B.Y.O.B.
    :band: :yeah:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

System of a Down

yeah...i agree...but i think they like to say they're armenians temporarily working in the US...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information