Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Simpsons to end with feature-length movie?

I agree that live action is a bad idea. But one episode for each day of the year! That would be so great!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd love a Simpsons movie. Howver I think live action would be a bad idea. I don't think anyone could really pull off the parts. It just would not seem right.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think it's a good idea for the Simpsons to go out with a movie. Cos otherwise you'd only have half an hour to say goodbye and resolve things.

And I'd hate to see real life actors playing the Simpsons. It would totally ruin it for me.

But :lol: about Matt wanting to have an episode a day with no repeats! But what about the leap years?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'The Simpsons' to end due to lack of ideas

The creator of "The Simpsons" has announced that he will be ending the hit television series after completing 365 episodes because he is running short of ideas.

According to Sky News, the popular animated family series would officially end in 2008, just after beating "Gunsmoke", America's longest running programme.

Said Matt Groening, 50, the creator: "The Simpsons' success has been unbelievable. But the show gets harder and harder every year because we are trying to keep surprising the audience - and trying to surprise ourselves."

According to Groening, he would be doing just three more series after the current 16th series enRAB, since his contract with the voices of characters Bart, Homer, Lisa and others enRAB with the 19th season in 2008.

The final series, he said, would see some of the peripheral characters such as Bart's mate Milhouse playing more prominent roles.

"I'd love to get to 365 episodes, so there's one for every day of the year with no repeats," he was quoted as saying.

from here

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think it could be cool...a feature length Simpsons.

Claudia

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't seen Scooby Doo. The Flintstones -- I preferred the animated version.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know, I haven't seen The Flintstones and Scooby Doo yet.

The Simpsons Animated Movie Coming Soon

United Press International

The man behind The Simpsons TV show says he will make a full-length animated movie of the most dysfunctional family in the country.

Matt Groening's promise came with an announcement he has turned down a proposal to make a feature length episode starring real actors, the BBC reported Monday.

Groening says fans of the show would hate the idea of a movie with real actors.

He also promised that as long as the creative talent is still flowing, The Simpsons could be here to stay for a long time:

"At this point I don't think there's any end in sight. I once said a few years ago that I thought I was closer to the end than the beginning, meaning that, we'd been on air for 10 or 12 years at the time and I thought we'd be on another 10 years.

"So I don't want to give anybody the wrong idea. Of course, the show will end eventually, but not for a long, long time."

"We've been on the air so long that we've corrupted an entire generation of children and now they've grown up and they're 'Simpsons' writers so the stories are getting really, really weird."

Photo Copyright Getty Images

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let me pose this question....how would you feel if they made a live action Simpsons movie, like they've done with shows like The Flintstones and Scooby Doo?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm wondering what it's gonna be like. I'm sure the authors will do their best. I can't wait to see it on a big screen at cinema.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It would be nice to get a film, but I don't know if a full length feature would keep my attention. It would be the equivalent of watching 3-4 episodes back-to-back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information