Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

- MoTo Q coming to cricket -

i'd kill for a blackberry on cricket, and that doesn't have a touch screen either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you can get a blackberry on cricket.....im thinking about getting a rim from verizon and doing it. I can get one for around 75 bucks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

trust me, i dont like windows mobile at all, i think we need a palm based device

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i meant blackberry service. i'm aware you can make the device function on cricket but without blackberry data service there's no point.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trust me...my decision is mostly political...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

lol... seems that's the only reason apple is still around... cause people hate MS soooo much. not knocking there product, it's great, just always over priced.

and i was EXTREMELY concerned when Jobs said like 5-6 times that Apple intended to defend it's IP in the form of over 200 patents covering various aspects of the phone. I guess that means we won't see another touch screen camera phone that plays music and has wifi for about 20 years... oh wait??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the think the iphone is very nice.....lots of money though

but in todays world, there are tons of people who want them and will spend the money just to have the latest and greatest out there. Its like when someone bought a ps3 for 10,000 bucks (dont remeraber the exact amount).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes. here's the thing. apple wants to ship 10 million by the end of 2008, it won't happen as long as the unsubsidized price of the phone is $800+. the price will drop, in the not too distant future. at that time i will re-evaluate my position on the iPhone. right now it is just way over priced for some minor improvements to functionalities already available on phones.

plus if it doesn't have google talk i want no part of it!! =D

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not subscribe to Apple's elitist evangelical movement. I am above all a technocrat: To the better innovator go the spoils.

Apple is leading the path with its new "genius phone", and they will be rewarded with my money and brand loyalty.

As far as their PC products go: I use Macs, but I am not swayed by them, versatile as they might be. But I am OS/Brand agnostic when it comes to PC's.

Also, concerning their price: You see, Apple may or may not have shot themselves in the foot by labeling the device as a phone. Really, it is a personal organizer with phone/telephony/voice features. No one wants to purchase a phone for more than $300. But considering all of the rich media capabilities of the iPhone--not to mention its "killer app" interface--not many people are going to be willing to consider the "other things" this "phone" can do.

Do realize that the iPhone has the same Mac OS X kernal as their flagship desktop workstations. Not some scaled-down, dummied-down micro kernal, i.e. Windows Mobile.

Imagine, then, if you were able to run a fully-capable version of Windows Vista Ultimate on that same, gorgeous "Multi-Touch" display, and you start to realize what Apple has really done for cell phones.

So no--no Moto Q for me, then. Although I'm excited by the notion that Cricket might get its first PDA/Smartphone, I'm afraid I must respectfully decline. I'd much rather hack a PPC 6700 as soon as someone can get MMS/WAP to work. I mean...that is what we're here for, isn't it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think this discussion has moved off topic.. but i don't disagree with you. i think the iPhone is really cool, just over priced. plus i really don't care for cingular, and they will probably require the $40 data option like they do on blackjack. that's a little too much i think.

then again i think the q is over rated too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information