Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking to buy a new phone...help

Hey there. I am looking for a new phone to use on cricket and need some help. I would prefer just buying any cdma phone - not necessarily one from the cricket store- and just flashing/reprogramming it to the cricket network if needed. My questions are: I currently own a piece of sh*t cricket phone I purchased from walmart awile ago for over 100.00. It was their 2nd from cheapest model and has a built in flashlight on the top. PRetty lame actually... waste of money it was. Its not a flip or slider or anything just a plain piece of crap. Dont remeraber the model but It doesnt matter, talk time was only like 20 mins and the phone in general is crap. Anyways back to the point... from owning this piece of crap I bought from walmart sold by cricket, I have learned what I dislike and what I want.

This is what I want in a phone - to the bare minimums(more is better):
    1)Slider or Flip style- unlike the lame one I bought.
    2)Ability to CHARGE while USING the phone- aka you can talk forever if wanted because its running off your electricity at home. *** this is a big one btw- the piece of crap I bought did not allow this. Long talk time is a plus too.
    3)Ability to use a data cable (aka hack the phone to get free mp3s walpapers ect)
    4)Not to pricey. Meaning I want to pay the lowest I can to get what I want and not have it be a piece of crap.

Really above is the minimums I want, but if you want to know what else im interested in I would be happy if it also had:

1)Ability to browse the internet, play-download games/mp3s,BREW possibly.
    2)some kind of picture/video capability .

I would like someone to recommend some CDMA phones I should look into based on what I want from personal experience(aka one which meats most of what I want which you have used and like a lot)...I don't want to buy some piece of crap again which does'nt have these features. thanks!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking to buy a new phone...help

Then what you need is Cricket's Nokia 6265i. It's everything you listed and then some. No hacking needed with this phone--everything just works right out of the box the way you want/expect it to. For maximum benefit, you should look into purchasing a miniSD card (up to 2GB) and a USB adapter for it, if your PC doesn't already have an SD reader built-in.

No data cable needed to xfer files, photos, ringtones, etc. You can even send and receive files over BlueTooth without restriction.

Nothing super fancy and no college degree needed to figure out the menus. Basically, if you can't use this phone, you should stick with strings and cans.

But it can be a bit pricey--it retails for around $300.

Take it from me, however: I have been a long-standing Cricket customer since they first started testing the service here in Dayton, Ohio. I have purchased, used, and owned EVERY flagship phone Cricket has ever offered, and NONE OF THEM compare to the 6265i for its ease of use and capabilities.

For more insight, I have a detailed review of the 6265i that you can read HERE:

http://www.cricketphonetalk.com/foru...read.php?t=192

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information