Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ladybuglove

:) Improvement : Atrophic Gastriits to Mild Inflammation

I was going through some of the threaRAB here and noticed that most of you guys either have gotten worse or in the same condition. Now I do not have Gerd, but I have its cousin partner Gastritis. I was diagnoised with Atrophic Gastritis with Metaplasia at only the age of 24 after an endoscopy and biopsy. When I found out he obviously said take the PPI nexium and watch the acidic food consumption. I felt that wasnt going to be enough, what is a 24 year old doing with this type of gastriits ( no drinking, no hpolyri, no autoimmune B12 issues, no NSAID) but I had some stress doing college moving poor family support etc..but my eating habits were not to bad but not great Id have the random junk food or taco bell but random rare. So what did I do:

I went vegetarian ( cold turkey) no meat no milk no eggs you name it, i also ate more alkaline and less acidic. I noticed esp with milk the belching was worst!
    I cut out all spices and seasonings except for light herbs ( yes ate bland its not fun but you learn)
    I went to India with a friend that year as a vacation and thought lets see what they do for this..he put me on: Stress vitamin, Amla, a probiotic, one cup of aloe vera juice a day, drink coconut water as much as can, vipathikar Churna, Avipattikar Churna, Slippery Elm, Licorice, and dhatri lauha, he also suggested jasmine tea which id have before bed. There were a few others! I packed it up took it home and kept ordering it online. I would just open the caps and make a small shake out of it all once a day. My bloating and belching slowed down as time went on ( this without PPI)
    I worked out also with yoga, and walking
    I started a journal to control my stress
    I kept track of my ph levels with ph strips I think i got off amazon or something- I noticed they went from high acidic to lower over time

Two years later...( I wanted to wait some years before repaying for a scope, I knew the stomach was slow to heal)

I went in recent for a endoscopy to see how its going.. and ta-da im happy to say its only mild inflammation now very very very mild he actual said he wouldnt even label it gastriits anymore but that he feels if i use a PPI for 3 mths it will be totally gone while eating a bland diet that is. I looked at the xrays myself they look beautiful very clear and normal pink I couldnt even see the mild part he was talking about..

Wanted to share my story and what has worked for me and now in hopes to rid the last of this hopeful forever.. but I do believe that the answer was in food and the supplements. Now just praying I can be healed! Id say to all you acid suffers to yeah go veggie (its tough at first) and dont forget to take B12 supplement, but to also consider Indian routine-it wont be as cheap as say going to pick up a prescription of nexium because there are many that you need to make your shake complete but its worth it, (I also did ask him about apple cider vinegar and he didnt think it was good for this, he said thats better for low acidic patients) the guy had massive reports of Gerd and Gastriits he healed. So you never know!

< edited > next time your in a library pick up a alkaline based diet book, and you will be shocked on all the fooRAB we really cant over indulge in and in a western society that is what our diet consist of acid based fooRAB. Also I learned that no matter what you eat if you have acid problems you have to learn to eat plain bland and the really killer word basically WITHOUT THE REAL FLAVOR we crave..because all those preservatives and spices and seasonings or processed fooRAB and nitrates just make our condition worse. IT really does promote healing with food maybe everyone here just has to rethink there fridge...wishing all well.

rosebloom

I am so glad to "hear" your good news. I agree that diet and supplements play a great part in managing these symptoms. There probably isn't a magic formula that applies to all, but each of us has to slowly find out what works and does not work (like ACV probably not working in your case). Thank you for posting your experience in detail. I always find it helpful to read how others have managed their disorder. It surely takes time, patience and perserverance.

Rose

ladybuglove

Thank you for the feedback!

Mandyj38

Hi There, I have also had gastritis for the past 8 months. I was very thankful to have come across your thread, as I have not found much information off the internet as regarRAB to trying to manage gastritis. I have got books on an alkaline diet ect which I have been following. I have also been drinking licorice tea, coconut juice ect. I was just wondering if you could tell me the other herbs you are taking as well, as I wouldn't mind incorporating it into my diet and giving it a go, and also if you've got any other tips that would be greatly appreciated. I am on PPI for it but doesn't seem to be helping much. Would definately like to give the herbs a go.Thanks

ladybuglove

Search for: The Hpolyri Treatment

and you should be able to find the thread.

Update: I am now healed my gastritis is 100 percent gone. There is no belching pain or anything, the doctor says its gone! I did it all with herbs and then for only one final month I used protonix, because I needed to get just a final kick to my system to really rid it, the nexium made me sick, protonix was side effect free for me so that was my PPI of choice. Its gone with all herbs and only one month of a PPI, and I am off the PPI but I am keeping up with some of the herbs in my diet to keep gastritis free.

good luck!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information