Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    reachout

Need Support Again Please, withdrawal :(

Hello Derlinda

I hope you can hang in there through the time time you are going through. I also came off a benzo, Xanax, and the withdrawal continued for a while. It came in spurts like you are experiencing. I finished the taper around the end of June, but in all honesty, it was sometime in like Septeraber that I really stopped having the sleepless nights.

Also, I remeraber that it was still tough at times to handle anything that made me even a bit anxious. I had to really reflect sometimes on why I felt anxiety. I think it is partly due to the lingering old habit of reaching for a pill when life gets us edgy for any reason.

Please try and figure out why you feel edgy. It really might be the going home. Pull it apart and see if there is anything that is truly worth the edginess. Be practical, be strong. In the end, I am sure there is nothing life-threatening that has to be faced. Smiles. Keep the balance and perspective, Honey. It will work out.

All good thoughts
    reach

mindy1974

thanks S!
    im really having a major mood crash right now. i think its a corabo of the valium and just frustration. i went to my first PT apointment today, she seemed to have some great ideas. she did say that i need to make sure i dont let my pain get out of hand because that will get in the way of me getting anything out of PT. oh well.

mindy1974

well i sleeped a bit better but i know that is because i took the extra valume, how can such a tiny drug cause so much trouble. i really dont know what is going to happen to me when i start coming off the ultram faster, i cant even think about that it make sme want to check into a rehab just thinking about it. i was taking 5 ultarm but 4 ago went days to 4 and monday i will go to 3.5. i'm having bad cramping in my neck and shoulders and tiny facial tic's. i am thinking its the WD and i just need to HANG in there. i have to remeraber that i have alot of diffrent stress going on at once and thats making the pain worse and that makes the WD WORSE. last night i had a nice time with a new friend so that got my mind off of me. by the time i got home i was so sleepy and really depressed, woke up the same way. going to take a hot shower, get dressed and take the dog for a swim, that always changes my mood. i feel like i have a long road ahead of me. i just dont want to do it. but i will

mindy1974

Hi guys! Its been a few days since I have talked with you and I miss it! I am writing from CA and have been here for 2 days. I so badly wanted to bring extra drugs and maybe a few

mel486

Glad to hear that you had a good time and felt the good happy feelings. The more you can do that the better. Reaching inside yourself can be very rewarding. Happy meditations of chanting can do wonders (I need to heed my own worRAB on that one). I'm glad to see that you're still moving in the right direction.

mindy1974

hi read and serenity!
    thank you for reaching out on this cold sunday.
    i am withdrawing off ultram and valium. they have helped so much with my pain but these drugs turn on me and depression and fatigue start to over take me with daily use. so the choices are go higher in my dose or get of the drugs for a while and handle the pain in other ways. i have taken a long brake from ultram before and it was good because when i had to go back on it it worked great for a month, then wham! depression and sleepy all day. im being a coward on how slow i am going on the ultram. im a drug addict to the bone and i hate giving up that short high i get for the first few hours of use even though its followed by 7 hours of the downers and sadness.
    i feel very depressed right now. blaaaaaaaaa!

mel486

You have the right attitude and plan. Staying busy so that you don't dwell on the withdrawals is one of the best things you can do. Exercise also will help. If you have a pool you can use, that is a great way to relieve stress and get exercise at the same time. You're doing things right.

mel486

Sorry to be a little rough this morning. I was still suffering from a headache after my epidural yesterday. Don't be too hard on yourself and re-group and start a new plan beginning from today.

Your PT has good advice. Pain seems to build on itself and can get out of hand easily. Work with the PT to keep it under control.

mindy1974

today will be my first day without valuim! and i came down 25mgs off the ultram. so now im just down to the 150mgs of ultram (down from 300). im all ready having mental withdrawal about the valium, but it really is a tiny dose so i just might have a good last day similar to denons last day on benzos. the fatigue from the daily ultram is getting really old! i look forward to having a little "zippyness" (is that a worD) . i treated myself to a massage last night but took 2 advil before because i hurt like crazy right after body work (although i feel better in the long run) then i read that you should not take tylenol or advil with ultram, my doc never told me that. what do you think? hey-- i did not chew my pill today! that sounRAB silly but its a big deal for me to take a pill like a normal person.

im going to try to get some extra exercise today in hopes that it helps me sleep tonight incase the missing benzo keeps me awake.

i have been trying to date lately (scary), and sooner or later the fact that i have a chronic pain disability comes up. its really a frighningthing to share with someone. rejection fears over whelm me. i have a date this week and i thought that it might be ok to take a valium before the date so i dont get nerves. but i wont!!! have to learn to talk about this junk without using drugs to talk about the fact that sometimes i have to use drugs!! hello! my last relationships ended because they felt that there life's were to restricted being with a girl who has fibro. i understand that but it still hurts.
    so i will try to remeraber today that im not the only one with pain, that im not the only one coming off drugs. that seems to help.
    have a great week everyone

mindy1974

hi perky,
    i was on it for 3 days, by the third night i was wanting to peel my skin off (sorry that was gross) all those drugs can be pure hell to come off for some of us. it took me 9 months to come off seroquel. it was worse then benzo or opiate withdrawl.
    i stayed on target today. pain but not out of hand. i started to get anxious but got in the warm water pool for 40 minutes and i calmed down alot.
    hope i sleep tonight.
    time to tuck my dog in
    night night

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information