Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    jefffromcali32

A blood pressure reading of 176/113 when feeling nervous

this happened a few nights ago. the whole day i really wasn't feeling good. then i had some coffee candy and that pushed me over the edge, i think. i felt like i was going to faint and began getting nervous. after about an hour i took my blood pressure and it read 163/112. then 5 minutes later took it again and it read 166/112. then i waited and took it 30 minutes later and it finally read 176/113. and i'm 32 years old. i was also having trouble concentrating and my legs were feeling nurab.

writeleft

A blood pressure reading of 176/113 when feeling nervous

Anxiety can certainly cause your blood pressure to rise. Have you been diagnosed with high blood pressure before, and are you taking any medications for it, or the anxiety?

Many people use different techniques to get a true BP, but this is the one my doctor recommenRAB when BP is attached to anxiety.

He calls it the rule of two's...You take your BP, and enter the nurabers in your log. Wait two minutes, then take it again. You will likely find the second one to be much less. Do this two times a day, but no more than 3.

Another technique is to take 6 BP readings in a row...throw out the first nurabers, then average the next 5. This method is more time consuming, but will give you a better overall reading.

Keeping track of you BP is a good tool to see what triggers your BP spikes, and helps your doctor when prescribing medication (if need be).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information