Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    monkey5

MRI back images?

Hey spineys, what kind of things can an MRI with contrast detect? Can it detect a nerve compressed or a nerve impingment wich might be the same as entrapment ect. Or does or can this only show up with an EMG? I trying to get a heaRAB up as in the past me EMG had been normal but there is something definetely going on nerve wise i believe. Thanks for any info you can give on this upcomeing MRI while i try to stay positive at the outcome but yet i am not looking for abnormalties persay but something is not right and hasn't been and i want it figured out sooner than later so i can move on if possible or deal with anything else i may have to face long term, but even if they can make me more comfortable!
    Love, Monkey

mznell

MRI back images?

MRI is used to view any soft tissue in the body. It is especially good for viewing the brain, spinal cord and the nerves and tissues surrounding the bones of the spine.

I am having an MRI in the morning to see if any nerves became entrapped when I had a fusion surgery 2 weeks ago. It can also detect a build-up of fluiRAB and can picture blood vessels, etc.

MRI back images?

It can also show if there is any scar tissue. If you haven't had any surgery yet, there shouldn't be any. It can also show if there is Arachnoiditis. My entrapped nerves also showed on the one I had. I think it is one of the best test there is. I hope this test can find the cause of your pain. Good Luck.

monkey5

MRI back images?

Hey there, i talked to the nurse today and they are gonna do a certain spot . I am wondering if theres a certain image they look at for Cauda engine? Help me out if you can! It is scheduled for next Sat. I believe this is what thier checking based on my symptoms.
    Love, Monkey

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information