Hi, i was just wondering if someone could please help me out and let me know if i have any options.

In Dec. 25th of 2009 I had canceled my pre paid verizon phone account and verizon home phone. I paid the $200 cancelation fee over the phone and the lady i spoke to said i was all done. I was moving to an area where i would not get verizon service.

now in feb. 2010 i check my credit score and i see one collection from verizon for a $100, apperantly they said i didn't pay the second cancellation fee, so the lady i spoke to said if i pay it they would wipe it from my credit report, so i paid it. From dec 2009- Feb. 2010 my credit score had dropped 30 points, so i didn't buy the house i was going to.

then three months later i call verizon because they didn't take it off my credit report, they tell me they can't and it's now up to the credit report agency and all i could do is dispute it. I did and verizon fought it and to top it off they add my home line as a collection charge off, and the second as a charge off, even though they said only one had a problem not both. so i am disputing the charge off because it never went in to collections, just the first one did ACCORDING TO THEM. i never even received a bill for the lousy $100 bucks, if i did i wouldv'e just paid it. so i went from a 720 credit score to a 620 because of verizon. i talked to their customer service rep who told me that i should just deal with it because verizon has millions of dollars and there's no way i could fight it. HELP! this is ridiculous i was supposed to buy a house a year ago and because of verizon i can't. is there anything i could do? is it true that verizon will hire a $7,000 lawyer and make me pay their tab if i lose in court? that's why i don't want to go, but i'm suffering here... i lost multiple good job opportunities over a lousy $100 verizon bill that i didn't even know about. S.O.S.
i've had a clean credit report for years and worked hard to keep a good score, this verizon collection is the only negative i have on my report. i've disputed it three times and each time it was denied. is there anything else i could do?
i've had a clean credit report for years and worked hard to keep a good score, this verizon collection is the only negative i have on my report. i've disputed it three times and each time it was denied. is there anything else i could do?