Were to start,
I am going to make this as short and easy to understand as possible. I traded a car with a gentlemen a few month back. My car was still under the process of being registered under my name all i needed was smog, the pink was still under the previous owner and the car was under my name if that makes sense. In addition, the SUV i received was still under the previous owners name. He had not processed the car under his name, but thankfully the car was able to be registered with out any problems. This should have been a clear warning to me but i went along with the transaction either way. I was careless to loss his information and no contract nor bill of sale was given (my mistake came for not informing the DMV). I have recently received two parking tickets for the car and realized that i am still the registered owner. I want to know my options. Since no receipt, contract, or bill of sale was given what can i do? If i am not mistaken the car's tags will expire next month. Furthermore, the tickets both came from the same street which i might find the car there. If the car gets impounded can i pick up the car? can i release liability with out no information on the new owner? should i seek and confront the gentlemen in person? i live in that state of California. I can take all the advice from this stupid mistake i made.

sorry for my poor grammar and spelling